wrong on so many levels

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I guess all the fast food joints are responsible for everyone's high cholesterols, clogged arteries and high blood pressure too.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
The Associated Press should be sued for posting the picture of that thing holding the rifle.

Reactions: PG2

m4ncsu

Ten Pointer
Did you guys hear the way dipstick AOC was questioning the Wells Fargo CEO asking about did they feel responsible for climate atrocities performed by companies or people that borrowed money from them. Business is evil, no personal responsibility, and government is the only logical answer. God forbid what happens when the D's gain full power again. Scary times.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
They have already been told it's like pissing in the wind but are too stupid to understand that if it does go to court the city can, and probably will be held responsible for the defendant's legal costs. Tax payers eat it again, idiots keep moving forward....

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They have already been told it's like pissing in the wind but are too stupid to understand that if it does go to court the city can, and probably will be held responsible for the defendant's legal costs. Tax payers eat it again, idiots keep moving forward....

The article says it’s been to court.

Who’s right?

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hasn't this issue already been heard in the courts? I was thinking it had, and the court found that manufacturers could not be held liable for producing a legal product....

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Hasn't this issue already been heard in the courts? I was thinking it had, and the court found that manufacturers could not be held liable for producing a legal product....

Yes but in a lesser court. All I can say is it's been great while it lasted. The strong arm of the law is gone. This precedent is set just like Durham handled the Confederate Statue, same crime committed in Chapel Hill and got off again with no punishment. There are now zero consequences.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
The Libs and B.H.L's KNOW it won't hold water but they proceed anyway until someone calls them on it and makes them stop. They will never admit that the actions they may take, contrary to an existing law, are fruitless. They have the pockets of Soros and Bloomjerk so they don't care what the legal cost may be. They are bought and paid for so they don't care if it's successful or not, it's done to financially ruin the defendant and bury them in legal costs... Oldest trick in the book, in poker it's called "buying the pot"....

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Protection in the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act of 2005.

The Supreme Court is going to have to step in.

Federal law prohibits this kind of lawsuit

The majority of the high court agreed with most of the lower court's ruling and dismissed most of the lawsuit's allegations, but allowed a wrongful marketing claim to proceed.

"The regulation of advertising that threatens the public's health, safety, and morals has long been considered a core exercise of the states' police powers," Justice Richard Palmer wrote for the majority.

Last edited:

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I'd have to think this gets shot down in the courts.

Would open the door for lawsuits for anything that ever caused anyone any harm. As mentioned, knives and forks, alcohol, cars, trucks, planes, boats, to name a few.

But it is part of their incrementalization. It might sound "a little out there" now but a few years down the road and they'll be telling us that up is down.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
lawyers are making so much money ruining our great country with suing anything and everything they can profit from and our tax dollars go to them to both persue and defend these stupid lawsuits .....they need to make a two week lawyer season so the population can be regulated and keep them from inbreeding amongst themselvs

Mechanic Bob

Eight Pointer
This and every Law Suit, you talk about a Union. Lawyer for the Defendant, Lawyer for the Prosecutor, and the Judge is a Lawyer. Not to mention all the supporting cast! Damn nice racket they run!
It still baffles me on how one Judge can rule on a subject, when all others have ruled differently? (Voter ID law comes to mind.)