Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
The yearly acorn count interest me too. It creates historical data that can be used to find trees that hit a higher percentage of th time.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
I’m considering running a crap ton of cameras this spring around known bedding areas from black balsam down to the shooting range. Also from
Black balsam down to east fork trail head. Just trying to grasp an idea of exactly what we are working with. I’m a nerd
You got to many cameras it sounds like

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Sorry everything is starting to run together. I don’t believe you should change rules just because you want too. In 24 hours I’ve been to Wilmington and back and worked storm all
Last week. You may need an encryption class to talk to me. 🙃
Haha. And yeah I was kinda playing devils advocate. That’s why I mentioned my selfishness. I should’ve added that regardless of what I want, and how nice it would be for ME, it’s ultimately their decision

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
@Lowg08 also I got determined to translate your original reply from road weary lineman speak back to good ol English and I actually figured it out by golly. You said you can’t have an opinion on Yancey because you only hunted bear on little buck side 10 yr ago😎 I think

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
You can't explain to the WRC they can and should manage game lands differently (for deer).

They will tell you they can't.

I think the only exception they will admit to and claim is necessary the is the Sandhills Game Lands

But it sure isn't the Pisgah forest.

Virginia easily sets different either-sex "muzzleloading" seasons (days to take antlerless deer) between private and public lands.
They run Shearon Harris different than the Eastern zone, just sayin'

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They run Shearon Harris different than the Eastern zone, just sayin'
Actually they don’t.

Shear on Harris is in two different zones

ellwoodjake's premise is accurate,,, the gamelands (and any other parcel) can have different seasons/methods for taking of does,,,

yes, Harris Game Lands is in both Eastern (Northeastern for the quibblers) and Central zones,,,

but YES,, they run doe days different there on the gamelands than they do the two zones,,,

and take Sandhills Gamelands for example,,,, Solidly in eastern (Southeastern) deer zone,,, and the SEASON for ALL deer and the rules for taking of does are done greatly different than the surrounding private land,,,

quibble less,,, hunt more,,,

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Nope the blackpowder season for taking does/either-sex is the same on Harris as the county seasons.

No difference between public and private.

Gun either-sex dates have varied between public and private and always have.

Blackpowder/muzzleloading? Never have.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
like I said,,,,, quibble

you are fixated on that,,, his comment was in general,,,
and sandhills AGAIN is not the same as the surrounding private,,,, so the precedent is there

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
like I said,,,,, quibble

and sandhills AGAIN is not the same as the surrounding private,,,, so the precedent is there
If y’all could change my rank to “not a moderator”, surely you can start changing others’ to Quibbler

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
like I said,,,,, quibble

Point taken but we are really debating whether the WRC would change blackpowder either-sex days and they won't.

I already pointed out Sandhills was the lone exception when it came to blackpowder either- sex with the extra antlered only blackpowder season

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Point taken but we are really debating whether the WRC would change blackpowder either-sex days and they won't.

I already pointed out Sandhills was the lone exception when it came to blackpowder either- sex with the extra antlered only blackpowder season

you are contradicting yourself in those two sentences

in the first, you say they won't

in the second, you admit they have

so guess never never happened (y)

OK - I've had my fun,,, back to regular programming - :party:

thanks for letting me participate :mosh:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
you are contradicting yourself in those two sentences

in the first, you say they won't

in the second, you admit they have

so guess never never happened (y)

OK - I've had my fun,,, back to regular programming - :party:

thanks for letting me participate :mosh:

Outside of Sandhills Game Lands area, they never have and will.

Bank on it unless some of the new commissioners force a change and I don't see that happening

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Rules Review Commission info on either-sex days proposal:

NORTH CAROLINA WILDLIFE RESOURCES AGENCY

15A NCAC 10B.0203-Deer (White-Tailed)

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I will keep the ball rolling by saying we need less doe days and a season coming in later .😜 Sept is too dang hot. October to Mid January would be nice. Friggin auto insurance lobbyists keep pushing more liberal of a deer season at least that's what I was told by my local state representative.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I don't care what they do to the season as long as all the deer hunters are out of my squirrel woods by January 2. :)

You mean from the same agency that proposed to extend deer season to January 6th?