WRC adopts regulation changes including those affecting deer hunting

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Big Game Harvest Reporting:
Big game harvested in remote areas must be registered by 12:00 p.m., the day after leaving the remote area. Big game harvested in remote areas may be placed in the possession of another person, provided that the person in possession of the big game has the successful hunter’s name and harvest date on their person. If the carcass cannot be transported intact, the harvested big game must be skinned and dismembered before registration.

Cervid Excretions: No person may possess or use any substance or material that contains or claims to contain any excretion collected from a cervid, including feces, urine, blood, gland oil, or other bodily fluid for the purposes of taking or attempting to take, attracting, or scouting wildlife. This prohibition does not apply to natural substances collected by an individual from non-farmed cervids legally taken in North Carolina or synthetic products.

Pee Dee River Game Land: Pursuing or chasing deer or bear with dogs for the purposes of training or hunting is prohibited on the portion of the game land south of US-74.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Did they adopt Sunday hunting on gamelands? I can't tell from my cursory glance at the write-up. I don't know if it was one of the officially proposed changes or not...

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Did they adopt Sunday hunting on gamelands? I can't tell from my cursory glance at the write-up. I don't know if it was one of the officially proposed changes or not...

From being at a meeting 2021 season would be the first season that would have Sunday hunting if anything was passed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CRC

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Maybe I missed something but looking at all 44 proposals that passed I didn't see anything mentioning Sunday hunting. Not disputing, just asking for clarification so as not to get folks hopes up without supporting information.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
January 2021 would be the earliest hearings any SH changes would be proposed

Last edited:

pir8rn

Six Pointer
I thought hearings/public comment was what we just did. I went through and answered an email link survey about it and I thought they had forums as well...

Edit- I think we're all clear that Sunday hunting on gamelands is still currently a no go, but is being considered

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Edit- I think we're all clear that Sunday hunting on gamelands is still currently a no go, but is being considered

Correct. The 19 appointed commissioners will have to make a decision , if any, on the issue

They had the surveys and hearings to gather input prior to making any change