Not getting ready for a tournament but I am getting ready to do some myself

Attachments

• D052682F-0ABA-40B1-ACB3-34FA727AF6C6.jpeg
    D052682F-0ABA-40B1-ACB3-34FA727AF6C6.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 9

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
Been raining since before daylight, not suppose to stop til dark. Gonna shoot my first tournament in almost three years this weekend if the weather holds up, might as well build a half dozen fresh ones....

At Barefoot? If so, I may see you there. I have a new bow I'm trying to get sorted today...if it works out, I will head that way tomorrow.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
At Barefoot? If so, I may see you there. I have a new bow I'm trying to get sorted today...if it works out, I will head that way tomorrow.
Lol, I'd like to sometime but that's a right far piece from me out here on the coast. Our 7 club coalition has elected to forgo this 3D season because well, Covid, dammit! We'd usually have a tournament or two most every weekend this time of year. I miss them, they made for great practice sessions in prep for State.
One of those clubs, Lenoir County Archers in Kinston, is having a fun shoot this weekend. After that who knows, I may have to travel west to shoot a few tournies.....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not getting ready for a tournament but I am getting ready to do some myself
Now that's a heckuva setup buddy. I'm still rolling my own using a Dixie Chopper that I modify somewhat to get the height and profile I like. Many years back ZG sold me a small plastic tote with a hodgepodge of archery stuff in it. In it was a Bitzenberger fletching jig. No telling how many shafts and fletchings have been run through that. I also use the depth of the fletching on the shaft as a third anchor point and a trigger of sorts. The Bitz lets me set them up for that as well as a 90 degree four-fletch.

LTS gave me a Depends box full of turkey feather some time ago(that's another funny story!) that I'd just about culled through and then, right on time, he sent me a big box full of replacements.....they're much appreciated too!
My wraps? They're a woodgrain pattern adhesive shelf paper that I cut to size, straight from WalMart..... :LOL:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lol, well if I had to describe my shooting today, the words "freakin' ugly" leap to mind.....
I had a blast though y'all, nothing any more enjoyable to me than a morning in the woods flingin' arrows with friends. Ole fiveshot shot great but he brought a young man with him who won the Youth trophy, he was purely smokin'....