WRAL

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I was on it a hour ago because traffic was stopped on 440 and 3 helicopters were hovering at least 2 miles in front of me. Didn't have to log in at all.

????

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Been getting this or a few weeks now. It pops up after about 10 sec. and won't go away. I called a couple of weeks ago and when I finally got someone they said they thought there was an option to try the enrollment but not that it was locking people out. I explained what was happening and was told they would look into it. Guess they are still looking. I still think I'm being blackballed.

1641942363803.png

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just checked and did not have any such message. I was surprised. I do not like their ads and they do not like my ad blocker and would block my access if I did not turn my ad blocker off so I kicked them to the curb and do not go there unless someone posts a link. Lots of news sites are doing that and/or requiring a paid subscription. I just ignore them and find my news elsewhere.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I've been trying to follow local stuff on WTVD and WNCN but neither site works for me like WRAL did. And their weather is usually closer in reference to up here than the other 2, or at least it is easier to read what I want. Not that I need a lot of news but I do like to check up on things from time to time to see what I'm missing out on. Won't watch it on TV.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It appears to be browser based.. I use Firefox most of the time and started getting that message a couple of weeks ago.. wife uses Chrome and has no issues.. I tried it on Chrome from my system today and no issue.. I wonder if they are doing it one browser at a time.. I sent them a FB message and told them they could kiss mine.

Try clearing your cookies for that site.. in Firefox it is under the little lock symbol to the left of the address.. that seems to have fixed it on mine, will see how long it lasts.

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm still working the suggestions. I'll amend to say that I use Google Chrome and have recently deleted all cookies. Still nothing.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's a puzzler Lee.....
FWIW, I just tried WRAL.COM from my home laptop and my iPhone and both went right in.
Laptop = Win 10 + Firefox
iPhone = iOS + Safari

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My next question was going to be do you have the app on your phone or are you going to WRAL.com through the browser?

no worries since you’re working now