wounded but walking,,,

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Their toughness is astounding. The will to survive is incredible.
Yep, and I have seen some things this year to reinforce that. Sadly I have also seen some things that some hunters do that make me sick. Like the “he was so big I just had to throw some his way” if it would have been a small buck I wouldn’t ever tried it. You have to wonder how many of those are yote meals now?

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Never know probably, but I killed one few years ago that was a hoss, and he had a scar on his neck similar and feel like he had been fighting with another about his size. Like to see one like that gives you a feeling another one close by.

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
A lot of the deer I kill have similar looking places on their backs, sides, and shoulders... most commonly between the shoulder blades.... that happens from their OWN antlers when a bigger (stronger) buck bends his head back or around in a good fight.,,, next time you shoot one with such a place bend his head around and you'll usually see that it matches up perfectly with his own rack.....

That one doesnt,, but I suspect its from a tine or the end of a beam from the other deer.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
We think a bear got this one. He was staying tight in an area we have lots of bear and they have been seen chasing deer off corn.IMG956059.jpg

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
This was my thinking as well. Road rash was my vote

If you've ever seen a wound from a bullet or arrow that a dog has licked on a dead deer it looks just like that, the deer licks the area but also they pluck hair from wounds or irritated area, its one reason why you find hair in wound beds.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you've ever seen a wound from a bullet or arrow that a dog has licked on a dead deer it looks just like that, the deer licks the area but also they pluck hair from wounds or irritated area, its one reason why you find hair in wound beds.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk