Would you support a "primitive" mzl & archery season for deer running for a few days after close of gun deer season?

Would you support a short "primitive" muzzleloading deer season in January?

• Yes

Votes: 51 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • It would conflict with small game/non game hunting

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The bad part is I go to church with one of the biologist and he pleads with them about not doing this but it seems more a political move because the numbers are not there.

They are justifying this with deer increases on private lands in the proposed counties but it will also apply to the game lands I think

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Yea it is what it is.
They are justifying this with deer increases on private lands in the proposed counties but it will also apply to the game lands I think
Some how other states can recognize a problem but not here. My dad has told me stories of giant deer here when he was a teenager. My great uncle who is 86 has a 24” inside spread 7 point from the 70’s.

Reactions: CRC

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Yea it is what it is.

Some how other states can recognize a problem but not here. My dad has told me stories of giant deer here when he was a teenager. My great uncle who is 86 has a 24” inside spread 7 point from the 70’s.

I've been to some game lands around Asheville and now see more predators and predator sign than deer or deer sign.

I suspect the WRC will pass the changes anyway.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I've been to some game lands around Asheville and now see more predators and predator sign than deer or deer sign.

You ain’t kidding. Sandy Mush is absolutely ate up with coyotes

Lowg08

Ten Pointer

I did a 4 mile scout today and cruised some roads til lunch and never saw one deer track. I did find some yote tracks. I killed a yote chasing a doe last December.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I was looking at the Virginia map for season and either sex. It is intriguing to me how counties have different either sex and restrictions rather than kinda clumping like we do

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I live in Tazewell county, we have ZERO days either sex for Early Muzzleloader, ONE Either Sex day for late Muzzleloader and THREE Either Sex Days for General Season(Gun).Of course Archery is all Either Sex. You can ask @YanceyGreenhorn, we’re covered up with deer up here, and we’re very content with how our Either Sex seasons are.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I live in Tazewell county, we have ZERO days either sex for Early Muzzleloader, ONE Either Sex day for late Muzzleloader and THREE Either Sex Days for General Season(Gun).Of course Archery is all Either Sex. You can ask @YanceyGreenhorn, we’re covered up with deer up here, and we’re very content with how our Either Sex seasons are.
Could you please help explain this to our WRC.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Been there done that before. Back when they were trying to extend Polk county’s either sex season. It was like talking to a brick wall.
Its frustrating. I was looking today we have gained allot browse. Heavy nettle and golden rod growth allot of native grasses and calories on the landscape. Just the deer are not making a big comeback on the southern end of the county

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
WV's season is only like 3 days long.

WV also has a gun antlerless season that takes up 2 weeks

Which is longer than the seasons in western NC
If you wanna implement one in western NC where there’s a short season then sure, that’s fine as long as they’ve determined the population can support it. I’m talking about the eastern side of the state, seems pointless.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
If you wanna implement one in western NC where there’s a short season then sure, that’s fine as long as they’ve determined the population can support it. I’m talking about the eastern side of the state, seems pointless.
I also agree

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I am just not a fan of killing does anywhere after the rut. Just a personal affliction. You also have to take into account my feelings are base strongly by where I live and hunt

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Can confirm. Awesome deer numbers around there.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I just want to leave the one either-sex day during the current blackpowder season where it is on game lands and not increase days (like they are supposedly proposing)

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I just want to leave the one either-sex day during the current blackpowder season where it is on game lands and not increase days (like they are supposedly proposing)
at this point. I can only hope they just quit screwing with it. I’ve just decided to not kill any does in Haywood.