would like some information about shotgun

gi53

Button Buck
Hi, I have a 12 gage shotgun s/s single trigger, it is a G. Gamba-Gardone VT, made in Italy, it has "original Boehler" stamped on it. It has lots of engraving on it, if anyone could direct to someone who knows about these shotguns please let me know, I will be selling it if i can find out more about it. My father got it back in the early 70's and it has been shot 4 time. any info would be great, I cant find model number or nothing on it, it does have different numbers and markings stamped in it. Thank you for your help!

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I'll check for another later, unless someone else post the links. May get info here.

gi53

Button Buck
I'll check for another later, unless someone else post the links. May get info here.

I just joined that site and posted it there, they want pic's and i dont know how to post them, sucks to be me!

gi53

Button Buck
Using your smart phone? Computer?

1351CD22-8E11-45C2-9632-BB92A0E57C24.jpeg
Using your smart phone? Computer?

Attachments

• 0D62807B-C484-4DE6-8FA2-1B2EAF79051E.jpeg
    0D62807B-C484-4DE6-8FA2-1B2EAF79051E.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 31
  • C935EB8E-C5BA-4ECD-A4B5-116F1F17271A.jpeg
    C935EB8E-C5BA-4ECD-A4B5-116F1F17271A.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 31
  • 0CCC2189-2A7E-48BA-A0F3-57184C5AAE54.jpeg
    0CCC2189-2A7E-48BA-A0F3-57184C5AAE54.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 31

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Most likely came from K-mart originally. They imported a bunch of SBS and OU from them around that time. They were cheap back them but good guns.

gi53

Button Buck
Most likely came from K-mart originally. They imported a bunch of SBS and OU from them around that time. They were cheap back them but good guns.
I know the guy that bought it at a gun shop, I think he payed $732 for it in 1974, the gun shop and the guy who got it are long gone now1

gi53

Button Buck
I know the guy that bought it at a gun shop, I think he payed $732 for it in 1974, the gun shop and the guy who got it are long gone now1
ok, this is what i found out so far about this gun
Giovanni Gamba (aka: F.lli Gamba, Le Armerie Italiane) is a Model Imperial 545 E.A. does anyone know about it, i can not find out any thing on this model any where, thanks

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
@gi53
Found this from a site on the google
Giovani Gamba made guns in Italy. The company was called Armerie Italiane F.illi Gamba and owned by Giovani. He sold the company and his tooling to his brother Renato in 1967. The quality of the gun work took a big leap upwards after Renato bought the company. I got my information from an old acquaintance who was the US rep and stock fitter for this company for many years. If he does have a bias it is deserved. The Renato Gamba guns are a world apart from the G Gamba guns. From what I can see on those photos, the "engraving" is stamped with some exceptions, as in the roses. The engraving work on the fences is crude. I think the starting cost for this shotgun is far beyond its value if you are looking for a collector. If you are looking for a hunting gun, you can do better.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have one here just like it, my grandfather bought it for me in '67 at K-Mart in HighPoint NC for $117. it has been shot thousands of times. Never has given not one issue.

gi53

Button Buck
I am familiar with most of the G. Gamba/F.lli Gamba range of guns. I visited the Gamba factory and met the owners during the late 1980's. At that time I purchased a Model 496EA from Mr. Guido Gamba. On subsequent business trips to Italy, I've taken R&R time to visit some of the gunmakers in the Gardone and Marcheno area including Mr. Gamba who operates a large industrial machinery dealership on the premises of the family's former gun factory.
BTW, the information I posted about your Model 545 EA is from my 1974 F.lli Gamba catalogue.

Only a few models of G. Gamba/F.lli Gamba guns were imported into the States, the Model 545EA does not appear to be one of them. In all cases, the quantities were low. Abercrombie & Fitch (NY & SF), Altas (Chicago), Stoeger (NY) and Universal (Florida), Mauser-Bauer (Michigan) and Dynamit Nobel (NJ) imported single barrel or O/U models. With the exception of Stoeger who devoted one page in the Shooter's Bible to the model 496EA (which they renamed Stoeger Model 27) the other importers failed to actively advertise and promote the Gamba models that they imported. The well-made range of G. Gamba/F.lli Gamba guns deserved better.

I am talking to this guy about it, and he is checking thing out for me.

gi53

Button Buck
ok, i have been doing more research on this gamba shotgun. on the barrel it is stamped G. Gamba, but on the frame the manufacture stamp mark is RG (Renato Gamba) which is his cousin and two different companies. Does anyone know what would of caused this. The gun was made in 1969.