Worst presents ever

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I used to think fruit cake was a bad gift until I had a homemade one soaked in rumšŸ‘šŸ˜‚
My first Christmas away from home when in the service my Mom got me a fruitcake in a round metal tin and poured in a generous amount of Roscoe Sampson's homemade Concord grape wine. The cake soaked it all up before mailing and I shared it with guys in the barracks who didn't get anything from home that Christmas and it was well received.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My Dad loved the Claxton fruitcake. Everyone used to give him fruitcake for Christmas, homemade, fancy nut cakes, cakes with fruit brandied,but his favorite was always Claxton. What others thought was a bad present was his idea of the perfect gift.
My wife loves a good fruitcake she is only one in our family that will eat it which is fine by her.

Six Pointer
Only remember one present I got for Christmas, a Winchester 1400 12 gauge auto when I was 13.. Killed more birds(quail), rabbit and squirrels with that gun than a pickup would haul. Killed more deer than five pickups would have. But the best Christmas present was always being able to bird hunt with my dad and uncle every Christmas Eve from sunup to sundown. Also with us would be Amos & Andy, King and Sam(my dad's bird dogs) and Snowball & Neal(my uncle's). Back then real hunters hunted birds with bird dogs. Seems as if now everyone who hunts quail has quail dogs. Same on Thanksgiving day sunup to sundown. Before I was old enough to carry a gun I still had a hunting vest and would always carry all the birds and rabbits that were killed. My uncle wouldn't kill a rabbit if he had to carry but if I was along he would always find one in a bed and clip it head off.

Last edited:
My Grandmother use to sell Avon. So every year for Christmas she would give us a bar of soap on a rope. We look back on it and laugh now but I tell you as I kid I opened her gift last cause I already new what it was.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
One year my wife was pestering me to send a link to my MIL so she would know just the right thing to get me for Christmas. I had been eyeing a nice pair of waterproof camo pants so I sent her the link with the size and order number and everything. When I opened her gift that Christmas it was what I asked for except a size larger than I needed. She said she thought I needed the larger size. Once again my MIL managed to gift me something and insult me at the same time!

Here I am years later and somewhat larger and I still wear those pants and I still have to cinch them up with a piece of rope (no belt loops on them) so they won't fall off. Think of her every-time I do it too! :)

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm a big fruitcake fan as well. My SIL gave me one as a joke one year; didn't realize how much I like them!

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Canā€™t believe you boys donā€™t like fruitcake. Southern supreme is by-far the best to me. My grandpa had the hookup on them back when he was living. Looked forward to them every Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My response wasnā€™t real serious either. And from the way Mr. Moose described himself it definitely wasnā€™t meant to upset that large of a man hahaha.

My apologies. Did not mean for anything to escalate. I definitely did not mean to insult you. Well, it was a slight insult, but not meant to start anything. More of slapstick humor.

Now I am going to get off the forums and go get on the treadmill. I must get some of this weight off. These size 40s are embarrassing.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
My apologies. Did not mean for anything to escalate. I definitely did not mean to insult you. Well, it was a slight insult, but not meant to start anything. More of slapstick humor.

Now I am going to get off the forums and go get on the treadmill. I must get some of this weight off. These size 40s are embarrassing.

Rofl I didnā€™t take it offense and didnā€™t mean to be insulting with the response I thought it was funny but my sense of humor isnā€™t always the best. In 6 months Iā€™ve went from 32ā€™s to 36ā€™s and went from 180/185 to 205.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In six months I went from 285 to 225 and from size 40s to tight 36s. In the last 6 years I have made it back to 285 and size 40s.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody who hates fruitcake needs to try Southern Supreme.....they are great! Id say 90% of people who I have try it, loves it!

Worst present....grandma gave me a female GI Joe, flipped out and refused it. Made my cousin take it, she loved it.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The running joke with my wife's family is 6 feet of gum. She and her cousins all got it one year and they still get it 30 years later.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
We always got clothes for Christmas growing up. Sure, it sucked when compared to the other kids, but we were considerably poorer than the other kids. If we didn't get clothes for Christmas, then we wouldn't have clothes....

I guess if one was to really look at the nuts & bolts of the first Christmas, and that Christ's first gifts were used to buy His way out of Herod's reach, i.e. "ya get what ya need," then we were taken care of adequately at Christmas. Sometimes, you need about 40 years to figure that out.

One year, I did get GI Joe with Kung Fu Grip.

It was skookum. (which is slang for "Badass" I am told)

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I was required to work Christmas Eve, Day, and New Year's Day in the mid-80's while the rest of my family was off visiting my sick Grandfather. It turns out another couple of friends of mine were also not near family, so we got together on Boxing Day (12-26), went shooting, roasted a turkey in campfire in a big roasting pan, and had several adult beverages with the meal. What started out bad ended up one of my most fun Christmases.

Jim

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
One year, my ex SIL thought is was good idea to "craft" me a present. At the time I was working at a private school and the mascot was eagles and kelly green and white was our colors. She hand painted an eagle on a sweatshirt and it was UGLY!!!! Never wore it.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
My wife's aunt who lives in Colorado mails her presents every year. And every year she sends me a size Large shirt with some sort of wildlife picture on it. Problem is I wear a 2XL and although she knows I enjoy the outdoors the 'wildlife' depicted on the shirt is usually something off Napoleon Dynamite. Same thing for the last 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk