Work Pants Recommendations

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have some carhartts that I used to wear all of the time. Now im in a uniform and they are hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

the carhartts i have are the best i have ever found outside of shorts. They are freezing in winter lol. I think they are b151 pants. You can rip them if you get hung up on something, but they wear fairly well. Ive always got a few years out of them.

anyways, the lighter colors are true to size. The darker colors you may want to go up a size. Its always been that way with those for some reason. I started wearing them for work at like 18 years old. Ive got a handful of people stuck on them now.

luckily, if you rip them down low......you can hem up and have the best pair of shorts you have ever had. Thats a fact.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Ariat duralite stretch. I wear them at work for the power company. Outside all day in rubber gloves and sleeves. Thin. Breaths well. Dries fast durable
I will have to look into these. We have an EWU requirement (eletrcal workers uniform) and our company gives us an allowance to choose our own. I usually get the Ariat M5, they are 20cal. About $100. But heavy, some of the work we perform is a 12cal requirement. So with the 20cal pants, all we need to do is add a 40 cal jacket and hood and were good. Way better and easier to get in and out then a 12cal jumpsuit, baklava and a hardhat with a face shield, the baklava messes up my hair 🤣.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I will have to look into these. We have an EWU requirement (eletrcal workers uniform) and our company gives us an allowance to choose our own. I usually get the Ariat M5, they are 20cal. About $100. But heavy, some of the work we perform is a 12cal requirement. So with the 20cal pants, all we need to do is add a 40 cal jacket and hood and were good. Way better and easier to get in and out then a 12cal jumpsuit, baklava and a hardhat with a face shield, the baklava messes up my hair 🤣.
I can let you borrow a highly reflective shirt too. We have to wear class two all the time

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
They said the FDOTF Duluth pants and they weren’t kidding. Got a free pair once as a fluke. Stupid free pair has cost me money since then, like 5 times. My first pair is still serviceable but have faded from days on end of kayak fishing. Blood, sweat, and bait have all washed clean.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
They said the FDOTF Duluth pants and they weren’t kidding. Got a free pair once as a fluke. Stupid free pair has cost me money since then, like 5 times. My first pair is still serviceable but have faded from days on end of kayak fishing. Blood, sweat, and bait have all washed clean.
Are these the pants your referring to: Duluth Flex Fire Hose Pants ($70)

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Are these the pants your referring to: Duluth Flex Fire Hose Pants ($70)
No. The fire hose pants are carharts that are softer but tougher. BUT they are hot as hell.

These but be advised there are a couple of different leg tapers. My tree trunks wont fit them all. The standard is good. Screw slim anything ;)