Work Pants Recommendations

CarolinaReaper

So, as we fast approach Satans front porch level of hot this summer, I have come to the conclusion, I need some other sort of work pants, then my regular beat up blue jeans. Working in an "open air" warehouse this year and this place has ZERO a/c, made of metal and sheetrock, and essentially turns into an easy bake oven after 12 o'clock. Something water resistant would be nice, but definitely not a deal breaker. Comfort, durability and BREATHABILITY are really what I'm focused on. Thanks!

CarolinaReaper

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Deluth dry on the fly. It will be the last time you will ask this. They are light weight kinda loose fitting great air flow and dry quick if you get wet. I switched several years ago from blue jeans and khaki pants. I never wear them any more. Its the closest to naked that you can be with clothes on. Sign up for there email or check there site and buy them when they go on sale. Sometimes like last week or so they were 30 percent off. They have a store in greensboro I would recommend going and trying them on. They are a little more expensive but they last a long time. I have two pairs that are several years old and they just keep hanging on. One point is im not sure it helps but I wash in cold and air dry. Also they come clean like no other pant I have washed. Some days im green from weedeating I put the on the soak cycle and they come clean. Its crazy.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a pair of the Ridgecut work pants. I loved them until the temps got hot. Mine are the grey color. My neighbor has a pair of the khaki color and said he doesn't get hot. Our level of heat may be different. They are thick and durable but breathable may be questionable. My 2 cents. I have some surplus BDU that are much more comfortable in the heat comparatively.

IE_88

Spike
My part time gig bought me a couple pairs of 511 rip stop pants. They have held up well and are a lot cooler than any other pants I have worn.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Cheap? Cheapest khakis you can find.
Otherwise some sort of hiking pant like a Columbia SilverRidge

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Another vote for Duluth dry in on the fly. Try and catchem on sale though, a little rough on the wallet

Gasman

Twelve Pointer
We wear the L A Police Gear tactical pants at work. The ripstop version is fairly lightweight and durable.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I always get excited when I see these Duluth pants on sale, then I always remember I don't need to buy anymore. I swear I can't wear, rip, or tear them up!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Figured out IF you get 1 of the clearance pair… the other 3 pits can be anything and you still get 40% off

SO I also ordered some firehouse CoolMax cargo … 4 pairs total = $201

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I like these. Worn almost everyday for a little over a year. Breaking in my second pair, now. Blew the sachel holster out of the first a few weeks ago.

Thanks B&B these actually look really good. And reasonably priced too. They breath well enough? Reviews speak well of them overall.
I got a pair of these a couple weeks ago. I hate the heat so I’m gonna complain about it whether my clothes are supposed to be breathable and cool or not. But I’ll def say more comfortable than blue jeans and dry pretty quick. Gonna pick up another pair this week. Also intrigued by @Lowg08 ’s recommendation too

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I always get excited when I see these Duluth pants on sale, then I always remember I don't need to buy anymore. I swear I can't wear, rip, or tear them up!

ya need to follow me more,,, they’re good, but definitely not WM proof - briars and such do a number on them

but I still like them

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Deluth dry on the fly. It will be the last time you will ask this. They are light weight kinda loose fitting great air flow and dry quick if you get wet. I switched several years ago from blue jeans and khaki pants. I never wear them any more. Its the closest to naked that you can be with clothes on. Sign up for there email or check there site and buy them when they go on sale. Sometimes like last week or so they were 30 percent off. They have a store in greensboro I would recommend going and trying them on. They are a little more expensive but they last a long time. I have two pairs that are several years old and they just keep hanging on. One point is im not sure it helps but I wash in cold and air dry. Also they come clean like no other pant I have washed. Some days im green from weedeating I put the on the soak cycle and they come clean. Its crazy.
Unfortunately those stop at 34" inseam. That's crummy.
Joe

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
They are offered in both I believe. Mine are FR.
Thanks. I saw power company and figured you had to wear FR pants. I have some older Ariat pants and really like them (FR, but not stretch). Time for some more and I need FR.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Oh yea. They are nice. The company I work for supplies with ariat. We have several different styles to chose from