Work commute

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I know we had a thread on this before but I couldnt find it.
How far is your commute to work? Miles and time.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Too Damn long.

50 miles and 50 min. Mostly US 64 from Knightdale to Rocky Mount.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
My last job was driving to clinton from stancil’s chapel every day, on my own vehicle, 54 miles one way working 2nd shift 2-midnight. Many nights i didnt get home til 3-4am due to overtime work.
Currently its less than 8 miles one way, company service truck, usually 6-7am til whenever, sometimes its 6pm sometimes its 11pm. I cant stand a long drive no more. The best part is its not out of my way to stop at my favorite place for breakfast, Brewer’s Gas & Grill which i do every morning like clockwork

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
62 miles each way. 1 hour 5 minutes up to as long as 3 hours with bad traffic and wrecks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

35 miles, 1 hour every mourning. I-85 southbound 7 lanes jammed pack when you get about 40 miles outside Atlanta. Yall dont know what traffic is.

Moses

Four Pointer
60 miles, 1.5 hours to the office if I’m not headed to the airport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
6 miles and 13-15 minutes depending on if I have to slow down for deer or a tractor. Sometimes the stoplight gives me trouble...

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Ah, fond memories. I used to drive 28 miles from Royal, on 401 in Franklin Co. to Central Prison when there wasn't a Western Blvd. entrance in 30 min. easy. I think I would be hard pressed to make the Neuse River bridge in that time these days. Then I moved up here to northern Granville Co. and it became a 60 mile. one hour drive. Now it takes me an hour to get to 540 on 50 at 10 AM. No way I will even try to head that way before 10

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Today was about 4+ hrs and 240 miles, same for tomorrow except i have to work about 9-10 hrs before I start driving. I’m a Consultant, so everyday/week is different. I’ll drive more than a 1000 miles this week. Luckily, next week will only be about 200 miles total. I work from the house when not traveling, so those days I drive 0 miles.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The job I just left, 45 miles/1 hour+ due to road construction at the I40/Hwy52 intersection. A few minutes more on the way home.

TH7

Eight Pointer
23 miles and about the same in minutes. Depending on the route I go, one way only has two stoplights. One is usually green and the other is an easy right on red.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Used to have a bumper to bumper rush hour drive of about 20+ miles / 35-40 minutes.

Now, while there are definitely down-sides to getting so old you can retire...rush hour drives are not one of them.
:)

CarolinaReaper

13 1/2 miles. Approximately 27-35 minutes depending on the morning traffic.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
9.5 miles to work, I have to go thru 19 traffic lights. If they all hit reds it can take me 30 minutes.

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I drive 62 miles every morning to work and it takes me about 70 minutes. The same commute coming home is about 80 minutes. Going to work it is all right turns (8 ) with only 3 red lights. Coming home it is all left turns and 5 red lights. I rarely see a school bus. It is a nice drive every day.

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
8 miles, bout 20 minutes. I'm one of the few lucky ones that don't have to leave the county for work. Most folks (other than the people who work at the mill) have to drive to Asheville for a decent job.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
560 yards, five minute walk. My former job was 13 miles of bumper-to-bumper and then I got laid off. After a month, I got a cold call about a new job in the office park that's literally in my back yard, and I've been there 13 years now. Most days I walk to work, and then walk home for lunch.

There have been times I've thought about changing jobs, but then I listen to the traffic report and realize my current situation isn't that bad.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a home office and a work truck. So I’m on the clock as soon as I fire up my computer to check emails or hop in my truck.

This thread came at a perfect time to remind me how lucky I am. It’s been 8 years since I’ve had a commute and it’s worth a ton of money to not have that stress

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
7.5 miles, usually about 12 minutes. Plan is to cut that to zero in about 7 months.... Just hoping the stars align and allow that.

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
Well here it goes before retirement I worked industrial refrigeration service tech for 25 year. 1000 miles a week was a slow week. Up at 3 am drive to Tarheel nc 225 miles work 8 hr then drive back next morning maybe Winchester va. Then back to Greenwood sc then get a call at 6:00 pm that I was needed in smithville Va and to be there at 8am the next morn was on call 24-7-365. Got calls late at night to rush to a breakdown maybe 4 hr away get there at 4am work till it was fixed then try to find a room to get sleep Now : 40 yards to my woodshop. Luv it 1C2BDCF0-CA0A-4740-966D-2C2C8401F7F5.jpeg