Work boot/shoe input

BJordan

Eight Pointer
I'll start off with I've worn nothing but Redwing King Toe 6" boots for the past 12 years. One pair typically last me 2 years. I work Maintenance at a Hospital and have been on my feet alot. I also wear the same boots around the house running the chainsaw, weed eating ect. My work has changed some and I'm in the office more than in the past and attending lots of meetings. I think I want to try a boot or oxford style shoe that looks a little better for business casual dress. I still need it to be a safety shoe for electrical hazard and have a steel or composite toe. Anyone here wear the same type of footwear as I'm describing? I was looking at the Red Wing oxford style shoes but the reviews aren't so great on them.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I was on my feet on concrete all day I really liked the Carolina oxford work shoes. They have the soft soles so don't expect them to last a long time but they are very comfortable.30100

pinkfletch

Ten Pointer
I wore the Red Wing oxford safety shoes on concrete for 20 years and my feet loved them. I had worn Georgia Giants prior to the Red Wings and never looked back.

After the first pair wore out, the salesman talked me int buying 2 pair and swiching them daily and I got almost 5 years out of the 2 pair. Then I bought a shoe/boot drier and started putting just the 1 pair on the drier every night and got over 3 years out of the pair. That said, I only wore them for work, not around the house or the yard.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
The Red Wing King Toe Romeo style boots are very comfy and still worthy of the Red Wing name. They don't look out of place with casual or office attire.

If that doesn't look like an option there are plenty of 4" Romeo style boots available with a safety toe and all day comfort. I switch between a pair of Georgia boots and a pair from Duluth Trading.

<>< Fish