Wood ducks in a creek bottom

TH80

Eight Pointer
The woods look a lot different in the dark. If you’re the only one that hunts there you can mark a trail straight to the spot you want to hunt so it’s a lot easier and quicker to find and you don’t have to worry about others finding your honey hole. I would think there’s a dam somewhere with a beaver hanging around and that spot could have a small spot flooded out. I’ve hunted areas like that seems to be a good spot to set up from my experience. Main thing is don’t give up and keep at it. Wood duck hunts are some of my favorites.

TH80

Eight Pointer
A warm pair of waders would be a good investment. You’ll appreciate that on cold wet mornings and makes retrieving your ducks easier

np307

Ten Pointer
Well I returned to the car empty-handed. I completed my loop around the marsh and confirmed that the spot I heard water rushing is the dam. Its in the first picture and the second is from there looking back to where I was setup this morning. My feet were pretty cold and there was a lot of water in my boots so I tried drying things out. Worked surprisingly well. Then I walked the side of the creek back to the logging road as I've seen ducks swimming it before. No luck. Thanks everyone for the real-time advice.
520ef57ccb6eb818881545104d9274b7.jpg
2a3dc146e648a15ccdfe2ad2c9315788.jpg
d204bb51a61475d13abc55325bd6d83f.jpg

TomstoSwans486

Four Pointer
That's a pretty hole. Get back in there and get those woodies. One of the best eating duck and beautiful to watch them dump in. May even knock you a greenhead down if one comes in to loaf. Best of luck

Mallard Cutter

Six Pointer
Have you been back yet ? If , and that's a big if , we get some cold weather that creek should stay open and provide you with some good shooting. good Luck !!!!!

np307

Ten Pointer
Have you been back yet ? If , and that's a big if , we get some cold weather that creek should stay open and provide you with some good shooting. good Luck !!!!!
Haven't been back yet due to trying to put another deer down. Now that thats over I'll probably slip back in there later this week or next week.

TH80

Eight Pointer
With all this rain we’ve had you might want to use the waders next time instead of the knee boots.