Won't be long now....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got my spot ready, was going to build a natural blind when I remembered I had this in the shed. I'll set it up in the morning with a black shade cloth over it and brush it in good. Haven't been able to bow hunt in the past 3 years, figured a trial run from the chair was in order. Lord help'em if they get inside 25....

Attachments

• blind1.jpg
    blind1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 64
  • blind2.jpg
    blind2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 57
  • bale1.jpg
    bale1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 63
  • bale2 (2).jpg
    bale2 (2).jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 64

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
20 yards...I thought it was more like 50. Maybe it's the picture. 🤷‍♂️ lol
His light-assed arrow won't go 50 without being blown a foot or two in a random direction and then bouncing off the target. Im tellin ya...need to add at least 400 more grains to the front end of that thing. ;););)

@longrifle will thank me when he's able to shoot over a round bale at 30 yards and still hit the block target behind it. That's arch-ery.

Okokok...I will stop hijacking this thread with my snark.

That set up looks really really nice and I have no doubt you'll kill a good ole biggun out of it. Thanks for indulging me with my silliness.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tip buddy, you keep right on with it, I sure don't mind! If I recall correctly some manatee-loving, wave-ridin' sumbitch down in Florida said "if we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane..."

Come to think of it, that's one of the few things he ever said that made any sense to me....

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I do. That particular longbow is only 62", this Barronnett is the Big Mike model, it has 6'5" of headroom in the center. I've actually shot a 68" longbow out of it while seating down with no clearance issues.....
I think that's the one I had before. It was tall. but, it doesn't support large pine limbs in big storms very good after it had seen several seasons in the open sun.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think that's the one I had before. It was tall. but, it doesn't support large pine limbs in big storms very good after it had seen several seasons in the open sun.
Laughing, I feel yer pain, there's a section of PVC scabbed into one of the support rods in this one right now for that very same reason...

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
The deer are going to use that path to stand there and stare at the backside!!
🤣