Wonderful time w my daughter

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
We saw wild hogs, an armadillo, several road runners, jack rabbits, deer , and of course turkeys daily.

the Lord blessed us with 2 beautiful Rio Grande Gobblers... even saw a bearded hen. My daughter missed her 1st ever turkey shot and was very upset BUT at 5 yards it doesn’t take much to miss with the pattern so tight.

The latter 2 pics are of a last morning/last hour of the hunt kill... we watched him strut to us from 300 yards away across a pasture!

my 1st with a .410 and Apex #9.5

50A9B3A7-69E8-4C74-8318-B2F710388FD8.jpegF80FA7D3-9B20-427B-A9DA-9CBCAF5DD3E7.jpeg1ADD6F48-18FE-4DC1-B568-C571FE494676.jpeg

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
In between were great times together in the woods and great food and fellowship shared with some new found Mississippi friends / hunters in camp with us.

my most memorable moment was Saturday evening as we worked a gobbler that was henned up, she passed at 40yds but the strutter shadowed her and passed at55yds just out of range for my daughter.

They flew the river and at roost time, my daughter had a blast on her newly acquired custom anodized aluminum call as she had the gobbler tore up with her every cluck... she just smiled and said “he thinks I’m his girlfriend, he has a crush on me but I will shoot him if he comes over here!”

we watched the sunset just before we arrived home

PS In camp, the guide made his famous cheese grits and fried turkey nuggets... dipping the nuggets into cheese grits is amazing!

25C4DD01-73B4-443A-970F-9F707C65ADCB.jpegD38D3A5F-BD5C-477B-863A-3B26A5C6E3A1.pngCDFF3892-4D42-4E9C-95CF-D85496AA278F.jpeg81145B1E-28C2-46B0-8C23-25AAB43114D4.jpeg

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
They flew the river and at roost time, my daughter had a blast on her newly acquired custom anodized aluminum call as she had the gobbler tore up with her every cluck... she just smiled and said “he thinks I’m his girlfriend, he has a crush on me but I will shoot him if he comes over here!”

First off, this will definitely go down as one of my favorite posts of all time on this board! The quote above is possibly one of the coolest comments I have ever read on this board! Thurdly, what is she holding in Pic #2 of Post #2?

All in all, I haven't smiled as widely as I'm smiling right now in a long time!

Great job sir!!!!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Got so wrapped up in the hunting I forgot to add I have eaten at Rudy's also! Great BBQ!! Never heard of Buc-cees before this thread.

Great job on the pics, on the story, and obviously on the parenting!!!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
First off, this will definitely go down as one of my favorite posts of all time on this board! The quote above is possibly one of the coolest comments I have ever read on this board! Thurdly, what is she holding in Pic #2 of Post #2?

All in all, I haven't smiled as widely as I'm smiling right now in a long time!

Great job sir!!!!
Hat in 1 hand

I think the other best I can tell.. I have a Outdoor devotional book that I sometimes take to read

she likes it also

FC8FE3DA-ED59-4DF9-8008-805477558260.jpegIt

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
They tried to put a Buc-ees on 40/85 in Efland. The community howled loud enough that they withdrew their zoning application.