wish I had a video going

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
was driving down a back road yesterday (they are all back roads here) and eyed 4 turkeys on the side of the road,,, 2 gobblers and 2 hens,,,

of course they booked, headed into the woods as I approached,,, expect the one,,

that gobbler ran in tight circles, basically spinning in place, until I was 100 yards past him,,, that sucker didn't know which way to go,,, he eventually followed the others but it had me rolling to see that spinning act

knuckleheaded birds,,, got to love them

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We had a group of hens and poults in front of my truck in a johnson grass field this weekend, the grass was well over 7 feet tall and very thick. I had mashed a trail in with my truck and trailer putting in a stand and feeder and they were using the easy access to their benefit.
On the way out the group stayed just ahead of the truck with the little ones occasionally trying to escape by turning out of the ruts and trying to go through the sedge. They would get a couple of running steps and bounce off the johnson grass back into the ruts...then look at mama hen like "WTH are we gonna do?" They stayed in front of the truck until we cleared the field into the ag field. It was hilarious.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I have always had an affinity for these kookie birds. Love to watch their antics. Sometimes they can't seem to find their way out of a paper bag, but w/ everything out to kill them they are real survivors.