Winter weather?

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My mother in law lives in Summerfield. Between the tornado and this storm, she has had her hands full.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
From what I saw for Greensboro it was the third deepest 24hr snow EVER, not just for December.
Hope it's over for the season. NC has had enough trying weather for a while.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
What's on the forecast coming up? It thundered, hailed , and rained here in Person County this evening. Figure all that means somethings brewing up.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
What's on the forecast coming up? It thundered, hailed , and rained here in Person County this evening. Figure all that means somethings brewing up.

Looks quiet actually as far a winter weather goes, at least outside of the normal NW flow spots in the mountains.....models kind of hint as something possible in the first week of Jan.....but that's 10+ days out so we shall see how it develops.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My view while chasing turkeys. Shame was had2 inches rain by time it snowed absolute mess the creek I usually cross was a roaring small river couldn't get to most my land. This area Va has had 4th wetest year since records kept.

Attachments

• 1222181056.jpg
    1222181056.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 32
  • 1222181054.jpg
    1222181054.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 33

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Dude, yesterday I drove through one of the craziest thundersorms I've ever been in down in JoCo. BLACK skies but I turned East and thought I was out of it. Then straight line winds almost blew me off the road. Then behind me in the mirror I could see BLACK skies, lightning bolts, and a HUGE brilliant double rainbow. On December 21st.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Dude, yesterday I drove through one of the craziest thundersorms I've ever been in down in JoCo. BLACK skies but I turned East and thought I was out of it. Then straight line winds almost blew me off the road. Then behind me in the mirror I could see BLACK skies, lightning bolts, and a HUGE brilliant double rainbow. On December 21st.
yep the ole snow in 7/10/whatever days sayin is in play big time after Friday.
Just what we need.:(

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns

It's the gfs in the long range and even though it did fantastic withthe dec 9th storm it's still the long range and likely to be wrong....... but

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-100507_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-100507_Samsung Internet.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 55

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Why is it every time I'm gonna be gone on a hunting boondoggle they call for snow (last one I as headed to Texas when it came through and a week from now I'm eating and duck hunting in LA). My wife is gonna invent a new "old wife's tale" and ban me from winter boondoggles!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Why is it every time I'm gonna be gone on a hunting boondoggle they call for snow (last one I as headed to Texas when it came through and a week from now I'm eating and duck hunting in LA). My wife is gonna invent a new "old wife's tale" and ban me from winter boondoggles!!
no one can be that unlucky. you're safe.

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
It's the gfs in the long range and even though it did fantastic withthe dec 9th storm it's still the long range and likely to be wrong....... but
Since it thunderstormed in the Raleigh area but not in the foothills that I know of, I wouldn't be surprised if the map is correct.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Friday leaving Florida was just as bad. Not sure how many times we were blown to edge of the road.