winter weather 2.0

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Still looking icy instead of snowy for most people. Boone and up along the northern mtns should do ok for snow. Question will be sleet or freezing rain for majority of people affected by this system.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Overall the pattern will be colder and the GFS's have several possible winter weather events over the next 16 days....still looking like ice to rain this weekend except the NW corner of NC which could get a decent icing event. Still outside of the mts it should eventually warm to above freezing and all rain., again though models tend to warm up a in situ CAD wedge to quickly so this could trend worse as we get into the event if the CAD holds strong, or the low is weaker further east.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Your lucky roundball looking like ice for us most of sat night I'm getting the gen and kerosene heater ready got feeling not gonna have electric sun

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Your lucky roundball looking like ice for us most of sat night I'm getting the gen and kerosene heater ready got feeling not gonna have electric sun
Yeah, ice can be a PITA...I like being as prepared as I can be...but always hope for a pretty snow or just rain.
Don't fall and bust your butt !
:)

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Gonna be 67 tomorrow in Andalusia, AL.

Lots of snow here in WV, I hate winter lol

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Long range gets REAL interesting around Jan 19-21 time frame......still far enough out that it can and probably will change but there is a fair amount of agreement in the models for a fairly vigorous east coast storm with winter weather impacts in NC.....

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Luckily most folks should see less than .30" of ice.....that shouldnt cause to many issues power wise etc....the folks up in the mts should see 2-4" of snow and sleet....a decent little event but again usually it takes .50" or more of ice to really start causing widespread power issues etc....

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Long range gets REAL interesting around Jan 19-21 time frame......still far enough out that it can and probably will change but there is a fair amount of agreement in the models for a fairly vigorous east coast storm with winter weather impacts in NC.....

Yup. Looks like another round next weekend...Dont think today and tomorrow will be all that bad....

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Rainy with a little sleet mixed in here in Davie County west of Wiston Salem. Hope it just keeps on raining.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Boy that covers almost whole state on the 20th.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Aleady has some snow sleet mix here bulk coming in over night I'm bout guarenteeing electric will go out here

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Ice building up quick here steps and vehicles already froze over just matter of time I figure the lights be flickering

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I pulled in to the Sandhills Pointing Breed Club grounds yesterday just before noon,,,,

watched a very short, and small, falling of snowflakes for 3-4 minutes,,,,then it was done,,,

we will see what today brings

redbow

Ten Pointer
North side of Greensboro here. Just went out and roads are not bad. Some ice on trees but didn't look too bad. Still have power. Hopefully dodged a bullet with this one.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup icy here to

Attachments

• 0113190739a.jpg
    0113190739a.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 0113190741a.jpg
    0113190741a.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 0113190740a.jpg
    0113190740a.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 0113190740.jpg
    0113190740.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 37

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Pretty icy here in Statesville, but the power is on and I got a fire roaring in the fireplace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Tropical tidbits showing snow for big part of N.C. for Wed Jan 23 and Tues Jan 29....long way out but keep those dates in mind.