Winter project completed

Bean

Eight Pointer
One more question.
About how many hours would it take to do the swap?
Ballpark figure so I’ll know about how much to offer someone to do it for me.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you buy a kit with Everything you need for install probably 30 hrs. If you build your own mounts and header probably double that

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
If you buy a kit with Everything you need for install probably 30 hrs. If you build your own mounts and header probably double that

Cool, thanks. I’ll be doing it myself or not at all. At those hours labor would be over $1500, minimum, if it was a simple swap, and it’s not.

I’ve run into an issue. My 2001 club car was designed with a clockwise rotation engine, when looking at the shaft.
Kawasaki designed the fe350d-as10 engine just for club car and they don’t make the engine anymore.
Every new engine rotates ccw at shaft.

I’ll either have to let reverse be forward and maybe gear it higher?

Or install the engine with the shaft on the wrong side and run another shaft with a sprocket from the crank to it and then across to the correct side with the clutch.

Or rebuild current engine.

I did find a part that uses the flywheel side as a pto, maybe run the clutch off of that. May not be strong enough for the sideways load.

The more I think about it, I may just junk it.

Thanks again for the information.
Nice build, looks great!

Bean

Eight Pointer
Cool, thanks. I’ll be doing it myself or not at all. At those hours labor would be over $1500, minimum, if it was a simple swap, and it’s not.

I’ve run into an issue. My 2001 club car was designed with a clockwise rotation engine, when looking at the shaft.
Kawasaki designed the fe350d-as10 engine just for club car and they don’t make the engine anymore.
Every new engine rotates ccw at shaft.

I’ll either have to let reverse be forward and maybe gear it higher?

Or install the engine with the shaft on the wrong side and run another shaft with a sprocket from the crank to it and then across to the correct side with the clutch.

Or rebuild current engine.

I did find a part that uses the flywheel side as a pto, maybe run the clutch off of that. May not be strong enough for the sideways load.

The more I think about it, I may just junk it.

Thanks again for the information.
Nice build, looks great!

My newer club car ds was the same way so I used reverse for forwards and forwards for reverse and did an 8:1 gear swap in the rear. I never tried it to see what speed would have been with it the way it came but it didn't need to be as fast as it was with the 8:1. On a side note if you decide to junk it shoot me a message and let me take a look at it. I might be interested in it.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
My newer club car ds was the same way so I used reverse for forwards and forwards for reverse and did an 8:1 gear swap in the rear. I never tried it to see what speed would have been with it the way it came but it didn't need to be as fast as it was with the 8:1. On a side note if you decide to junk it shoot me a message and let me take a look at it. I might be interested in it.

If I decide not to mess with it you have first dibs on it.
If it were to be swapped I’m sure it’d need 8:1 or even 6:1 gears maybe. From what I read yesterday the carryall is geared lower than the golf cart.
I remember is 12:1 forward and 15:2 reverse stock.
I’d have to look at my notes, but I think I read the carryall is 20:1 reverse.
Thanks again for the help.