Winston Salem Urban archery

redbow

Ten Pointer
Just saw on the news where WS will be discussing the possibility of an Urban archery season.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The article in the WS journal sounded pretty good. DD Adam's perked up when she found out some of the meat could be donated to the hungry. I have 19 acres over there that I would love to hunt legally. It's for sale my luck is it will sale when it passes. I'll be better off if it sales though.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They said tonight it appeared that it was about 50/50 mixed as far as for/against. But again that is just starting off, hopefully some will sway to for.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Looks like the next meeting is on March 18 according to the paper. I'm sure there will be some hold outs.

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
The article in the WS journal sounded pretty good. DD Adam's perked up when she found out some of the meat could be donated to the hungry. I have 19 acres over there that I would love to hunt legally. It's for sale my luck is it will sale when it passes. I'll be better off if it sales though.
Would love to hunt it to!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was reading yesterday's Winston Salem Journal. Scott Sexton that wrote the article sure isn't helping the cause. He said "Obviously, any such ordinance would come with some restrictions. The city cant have a small army of yahoos running amok with compound bows that fire razor-tipped arrows at speeds of 300 feet per second". Glad to know that all deer hunters have been lumped together as yahoos running amok.

Bud

Four Pointer
Contributor
We have urban archery here in Eden this year but you have to have 5 acres plus other restrictions in order to do it

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I work PT at Academy and my store director was contacted to be possibly be interviewed by the media regarding this proposal. He asked if I would do it. If it happens, I'll certainly put a positive spin on it. Who knows, it might get me some new places to bow hunt. ??

dra692

Button Buck
W-S is not listed as participating in the 2019-2020 regs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk