Wing bone calls

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Check my started threads. Made a few a couple years ago. Skin em. Light simmer the crap away. Wash em. Cut em. Glue em together. Wrap with thread and paint clear coat over it. Or etch em. Pretty easy. And sound great. The only call I usually take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You might find someone to make one for you but watch a couple of You Tube videos on it and make one yourself. I'm betting it will mean more to you if you do. I made this one last year, since taking the photo I added a 1/4" faucet washer to the mouth end which helps to get the same position each time you use it. Those videos will show all about that too.28580

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
You might find someone to make one for you but watch a couple of You Tube videos on it and make one yourself. I'm betting it will mean more to you if you do. I made this one last year, since taking the photo I added a 1/4" faucet washer to the mouth end which helps to get the same position each time you use it. Those videos will show all about that too.View attachment 28580
I just bought my first wingbone from eBay. Call is very well made and I’m sounding like a turkey just not consistently yet lol . I was wondering what’s your overall opinion of the wingbone calls? Catman on YouTube makes it look like the ultimate turkey killer

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just bought my first wingbone from eBay. Call is very well made and I’m sounding like a turkey just not consistently yet lol . I was wondering what’s your overall opinion of the wingbone calls? Catman on YouTube makes it look like the ultimate turkey killer
My thoughts.... I think the wing bone call is such a classic call and those that can use it really well have my respect. I think on a given day when the gobbler is ready to come anyway, my calling with the wing bone is good enough to pull him to me, but when the hunt is a challenge and he seems reluctant I love my old box call. Dick Kirby made it in 1981 and it is way more predictable than I am with that wing bone.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Suction calls, in general, are killers if you know how to run one. I believe most hunters do not use them because of the time required to practice, and as a result give a different sound than what the turkey hears from hunters.

That being said, having confidence and being able to add emotion/inflection to your calling has more to do with being successful than which call is used.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
yeah he does make it look deadly.
I like them for their ease in toting and their ability to locate at long distances or really soft tree sounds.
A very wise turkey hunter told me that they sound a lot better at a distance than the sound feedback you hear when using them.
Try them and then decide if they are a help. The turkeys will let you know pretty quick.