Wilmington Eateries

richard corn

Ten Pointer
I know this has been up before but can't find it; so, going to Wrightsville Beach soon and need good places to eat. Seafood of course but steaks and chops too. Thanks in advance

Southern

Ten Pointer
I am probably a seafood snob as I cook it off the boat having grown up on the coast, but I think Catch is over rated. Not bad at all but not the holy grail either.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Port land grill.

Sweet and Savory is good too and not as expensive.

Indochine is Asian fare, really good, nice place to take the wife on a date.

Dead Eye-NC

Eight Pointer
PortLand Grille. Expensive but worth it. Steaks chops fish. If u want fried platters etc go to Oceanic good food and great view. Bridge Tender not what it used to be but has everything u want.

Steelshot

Eight Pointer
Ditch Wilmington head to southport and get provisions and famous subs and pizza. I would say Thai by the sea on oak island but after bob died it went down hill and finally closed. Now it’s a breakfast joint.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Ditch Wilmington head to southport and get provisions and famous subs and pizza. I would say Thai by the sea on oak island but after bob died it went down hill and finally closed. Now it’s a breakfast joint.
I’m probably going to pick my mom up in the morning and take her 3 hours one way to Provision Co for lunch. If you want fresh seafood in a restaurant, that’s the best I know of

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
As others have said, Indochine is great. Call ahead for reservations. I've had some very fine seafood at Bluewater Grille and Oceanic.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Last time I ate indochine (June) tasted like some one put all the salt in Wilmington in the food. Must have drank 2 gallons of water. Only time I ever had an issue and food is top notch
I had the shrpmi and scallops in a nest and it was so much food. Very very good place to eat but we got there right at 5pm when it opened and there was already a 30 minute wait.

Southern

Ten Pointer
Oceanic can be great or it can be aweful. I have quit going in recent years due to lack of consistency

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
Since you said chops…..Freddie’s in Kure Beach. They have great steaks and Italian also. Opens at 4pm, suggest reservations way ahead…..
Very small place but awesome THICK chops.