Wildlife trees

mattharris0414

Hey guys, where is the best place, or atleast a trusted place you guys have bought wildife trees from? Im looking at getting some bare root trees this winter to plant. I thinking of getting sawtooth oak, crabapples, apples, pears, and maybe some plums. What have you guys had the best luck with in the Piedmont area? Thank you for all your help in advance!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There's a fella at Dixie Deer Classic that usually has decent trees at a good price. I've bought from Mossy Oak and had good luck. There's a fella here on the forum that has good prices on well established potted Sawtooth oaks.
I've even bought bare root sawtooth saplings from E-bay and had decent luck getting them started and established.
I'd stick with oaks, chestnuts, pears and persimmons that can take the local conditions...and maybe branch out to other food sources after those are established, like crabapple, grapes, ect.

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
May want to check out Mellow Marsh Farm. Most of bare roots are sold out, but may be able to get some potted material.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Also check your county soil and water conservation district.

Some have tree and plant sales

mattharris0414

I ended up buying some trees from Ty Ty nursery out of Georgia. That have a big selection at pretty good prices. Thanks for all your input!