Wild turkey committee meeting Sept 29th

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I beat you to it, CRC! :) I saw this on the WRC website earlier today and signed up to attend virtually. Will watch it tomorrow during my lunch break.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
@CRC, do you know if these meetings are recorded and made publicly available after they're held? I'd like to listen in on the whole thing, but have stuff going on at work.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Some are

Some are not

Apparently this meeting will not be recorded

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I got to listen to the very beginning of it and they were talking about making a 5,000 acre area in Beaufort County? as managed for public land quail hunting. Something like years of management and perpetual management just for bobwhite quail. Estimated 11 million dollars costs to purchase and manage the property up front?

Thats all I heard and remember.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Interesting that both nesting dates and gobbling activity across the state seem to support not opening the season any earlier....

Also interesting that incubation in the mountains started a couple days before down east...

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i think that early season opening is a dead one. all the science now supports later rather than earlier to protect the alpha gobblers ( i know that's not the correct term) as long as possible. I hope it's off the table for NC.

We have an early week (youth hunters) to play if we need to get the edge off.

the turkeys need some help or we are gonna killem out.

Last edited: