Wild day,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So the morning started off with gobbling everywhere,,,them dang jakes,,,,they were full of themselves,,,,

just as I started to head back to the truck,,,I hear him,,,way off,,,deep and hard,,,,I'm like "oh yeah,,,,I'll be back",,,and off to work I went,,

coming back to the house about 1:30 I checked the mail,,,,package came from Abbeville,,,,yeap, my Hustlin' Hen box call,,,,

headed back in this afternoon,,,,,a few carresses on that box call and them jakes came in running three hens with them as they came in,,,,round and round they chased them hens,,,,all in front so I had a show,,,,kind of regret not doing videos as this is a pretty pine/oak flat with some pretty dogwoods in bloom,,,with 10 dang turkeys running laps in front of me,,,,,,,then over the hill (or what passes for hills here) here he came,,,,that rascal ran ALL of them jakes off,,,then turned back to the hens and caught a load to the head,,,,poor fellow

that box call has some MAGIC in it!! Guess I'll haul it down to the pee dee river bottoms in SC and see how it does,,,,

11" beard, 1 1/8 spurs, and 20.5 lbs,,,,,

NC Turkey 2.jpg

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
So that's what one of those things looks like. Nice way to break in that box. Congrats.

You think if I got one of those HH boxes I could call one up here from Duplin?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
"then turned back to the hens and caught a load to the head,,,,poor fellow"......
;) that's how you do it!
congrats

lbksmom

Banned
Congrats, my day was almost the same, 7 jakes, 5 hens no gobbler though. Let them entertain me for 1/2 hour before they went off.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
So the morning started off with gobbling everywhere,,,them dang jakes,,,,they were full of themselves,,,,

just as I started to head back to the truck,,,I hear him,,,way off,,,deep and hard,,,,I'm like "oh yeah,,,,I'll be back",,,and off to work I went,,

coming back to the house about 1:30 I checked the mail,,,,package came from Abbeville,,,,yeap, my Hustlin' Hen box call,,,,

headed back in this afternoon,,,,,a few carresses on that box call and them jakes came in running three hens with them as they came in,,,,round and round they chased them hens,,,,all in front so I had a show,,,,kind of regret not doing videos as this is a pretty pine/oak flat with some pretty dogwoods in bloom,,,with 10 dang turkeys running laps in front of me,,,,,,,then over the hill (or what passes for hills here) here he came,,,,that rascal ran ALL of them jakes off,,,then turned back to the hens and caught a load to the head,,,,poor fellow

that box call has some MAGIC in it!! Guess I'll haul it down to the pee dee river bottoms in SC and see how it does,,,,

11" beard, 1 1/8 spurs, and 20.5 lbs,,,,,

View attachment 16945
Good job WM. Take care of that call, they are killers.