Why no safety seal on Ice Cream?

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'd worry more about contaminated salad greens then ice cream licking, no tamper-proof packaging on that arugula.

Remember the Tylenol tampering back in the 1980s? That's when tamper-proof packaging got its start.......

nontypical

Ten Pointer
If you aren't able to lick it in the freezer section how do you know you are going to like it?
You just created a job for someone. A high school kid can be right there on standby with free samples like they do at Baskin Robbins at each grocery stores Ice Cream section. MAGA!

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This is why we keep at least 1 yr of staples on hand at my house. Can veg from garden all types of dried beans rice flour cornmeal surgar candies can and frozen meats may not be as good but I Will have food to eat along with a large assortment of spices It scares me to think how vulnerable we are with the food chain
Remind me again where you live?

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I'd worry more about contaminated salad greens then ice cream licking, no tamper-proof packaging on that arugula.

Remember the Tylenol tampering back in the 1980s? That's when tamper-proof packaging got its start.......
And I'm more worried about a feral Swine of some sort contaminating it. Or a sick worker that picks it.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just has me wondering why no safety seal on Ice Cream?
What would you do if you see it when you are at Food Lion.

Food is going to be our next big risk in this country.

To answer your original question, this is why Blue Bell did not use a seal..

“Food safety is a top priority, and we work hard to provide a safe product and maintain the highest level of confidence from our consumers.

During production, our half gallons are flipped upside down and sent to a hardening room where the ice cream freezes to the lid creating a natural seal. The lids are frozen tightly to the carton. Any attempt at opening the product should be noticeable.
We will continue to monitor this situation.”

Just saw an article that they are considering adding seals..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“J”

Twelve Pointer
They had too be pretty naive too think they could get away without using a safety seal. Sad but true with the times we live in. The liability just isn’t worth it.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
hey hey,,,,I'm still not sitting in a tree stand during a lightening storm!!
I actually went to one of my lock on stands hanging on a pine tree on a field edge one afternoon and found that the stand had been hit by lightning and it ran from there to the ground. Makes you think!

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Wife and I talked about this very thing at dinner today. It's sad it's come to this. She was reading about the Tylenol poisoning back in the 80s which made her think of the ice cream problem. There's some sick people out there.