"Why I hate DollyWood" by LongRifle

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nope. Not a fan of coasters. Used to like them when I was younger, but now that Im an old fart, they beat me up too much. Plus I don't really like heights all that much. No problem with motion sickness tho.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Last summer busch gardens was limiting admission to 1000 people but only had part of the park open. You could ride any ride without ever getting off. This was the lochness monster line
We went later in the year with same limited admissions, but a cold front came through and once temps dropped below a certain temp a lot of the coasters had to shutdown. So, no lines and no roller coasters.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well, 18 or so years ago, I was dating my future wife and on a whim I whisked her off to Kings Dominion for the day. She loves rollercoasters (but is terrified of Ferris wheels???????) anyway. They had/have a smaller indoor coaster that I guess is a small version of Space mountain. Now, I was a little skinnier back then but still had my 6'-6" person legs that were not going to fit under the bar of the coaster. The bar was a chrome lap bar with no padding whatsoever. I pointed out my issue to the 16yo girl who had the clever idea to get a running start and drop kick the bar down to lock. I was the first person to scream on that coaster from the start of the ride to the end.......

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
In pigeon forge right now and it is an insane madhouse.
I was there about 3 or so weeks back.
It was a nightmare! Lines everyplace. Traffic bumper to bumper then if a break in traffic you would have some one fly by at a high rate of speed just to stop at the next bumper or light.
Drunks everyplace. People drinking to get drunk off their azz.
People puking in the sidewalk and bushes.

2 to 3 hr wait for most restaurants.

Day time it was fun to just walk around. I'm not one for rides or too many people so I enjoyed the day time better.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
It was a nightmare! Lines everyplace. Traffic bumper to bumper then if a break in traffic you would have some one fly by at a high rate of speed just to stop at the next bumper or light.

Day time it was fun to just walk around. I'm not one for rides or too many people so I enjoyed the day time better.

I'm going to assume you mean ONLY Pigeon Forge? Everytime I've visited Dollywood it seemed like a very family friendly place. I fear Pigeon Forge is forging the way to become knows as "The Mountain Mardi Gras". :mad:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm going to assume you mean ONLY Pigeon Forge? Everytime I've visited Dollywood it seemed like a very family friendly place. I fear Pigeon Forge is forging the way to become knows as "The Mountain Mardi Gras". :mad:
I would say he means Pigeon Forge in general.

That’s not to say that 20 somethings don’t get drunk and puke in the bushes at Dollywood. Friendly word of advice… DO NOT ride Mystery Mine under the influence…

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns

Yeah we have had an okay time and have found enjoyable things to do but geting food has been a nightmare. Long waits are common. We got lucky today at the apple barn and walked right in at lunchtime but by the time we finished there was a wait.

The Alamo steakhouse tonight had a hella wait so we just ate light and skipped the lines.

Attachments

• 20210623_184158.jpg
    20210623_184158.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 15

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
For the coaster lovers heres one i would never do. The past vertical drop would be heart attack inducing for me.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Good read. Wife made me don same thing at Busch Gardens. Rode every roller coaster on that place about 15 years ago and wild horses couldn’t drag me back! Hate those things and will not be going back.

Your a good man for your effort!

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I fear Pigeon Forge is forging the way to become knows as "The Mountain Mardi Gras". :mad:

As a resident of Sevierville, I speak for myself and thousands of others that have the same fear.
The “Rod Run” used to be a booming time and business owners looked forward to it. Now, there’s petitions all over the place to get it stopped. The demographics of those who come to town for the rod run has changed. And I don’t know of anyone who’s happy about it.

and Sevierville does not have the infrastructure to handle all the traffic. If you come to the area, please take the 407 exit and come in on 66. Too many people go “the back way” that takes you by the bush plant and you come in right through Sevierville’s busiest part. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s, it’s backed up for miles when all you had to do was go 10 more miles on 40 to 407 and you come in on a road that was specifically built for heavy traffic. And even there is about to get terrible when the Cherokee’s get done building their massive shopping and dining complex at 40/66 interchange.

Last edited: