Whos planting.....

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got started today up at the Rock....
Drilled some ladino clover and chicory
Planted some turnips and crimson clover as well.

Attachments

• 20180825_105920.jpg
    20180825_105920.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180825_105422.jpg
    20180825_105422.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180825_105735.jpg
    20180825_105735.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180825_105628.jpg
    20180825_105628.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 57

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Allowed most of the pasture to grow up this year and the deer love it.
Got foxtail millet growing with ladino clover in one area of the pasture

Attachments

• 20180825_105637.jpg
    20180825_105637.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 42
  • 20180825_111637.jpg
    20180825_111637.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 42

DanH

Four Pointer
Did mine last Sunday up in Rock. Got some mowing to do tomorrow been hard to get to with all the rain we have had up here.

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Did mine last Sunday up in Rock. Got some mowing to do tomorrow been hard to get to with all the rain we have had up here.
I am gonna wait and mow the foxtail millet next month and drill in some winter rye and oats.
Rockingham county got more rain this spring and summer since I started hunting up there in 2012.
Corn is 8 ft tall in places

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Got some areas tilled up and will plant this coming week.

sent from...... Tapatalk

25contender

Twelve Pointer
We were going to plant but received good news!! We had a new gas line run through the property and they are getting ready to plant it. Well come to find out they were going to plant browntop and coastal. The land owner rightfully so said no coastal period and negotiated a whiteclover and browntop mix!! Thats right almost 3000ft of right away to be planted that we dont have to do now. Just a little overseeding of our existing clover fields will be done towards the end of September.

Stix11

Spike
Jug what part of Rockingham co are you in? this is my first year doing beans up there. They were planted late so I'm curious to see how they're gonna finish coming in

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Jug what part of Rockingham co are you in? this is my first year doing beans up there. They were planted late so I'm curious to see how they're gonna finish coming in
I am less than 3 miles from the Henry county VA line just outside of Stoneville . Half mile across the road from the Mayo river.
The soybeans probably gone unless you have more than 2 acres worth. Deer will mow them down. The growing season is much shorter up there than down here in Harnett county.

Last edited:

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Got 2 powerline plots and 1 woods plot planted yesterday in Pure Attraction just before lunch , and it rained on it yesterday afternoon ! Perfect timing.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Planted some clover,chicory with some radish mixed in today and it just rained....[emoji106]
I tried Whitetail Institute clover and some Antler King trophy clover. I usually just buy some Ladino from a local place but figured I would try these and see if they are worth it, and I had gift certificates so we shall see how it goes.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I have four food plots ready to plant and decided to plant one of them yesterday with a product
called Last Bite, planting directions for most of the State (NC) say late summer.
Right after I finished planting we got a good rain so hoping to see some sprouts soon.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I will be at it tomorrow. Looks like a very good chance of rain starting Sunday and going for 5 days or more. Also looks like a solid chance for tropical weather later in the week. Tomorrow is the day if you haven't already planted...

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I will be at it tomorrow. Looks like a very good chance of rain starting Sunday and going for 5 days or more. Also looks like a solid chance for tropical weather later in the week. Tomorrow is the day if you haven't already planted...

Got mine planted Wednesday and Thursday, man the earth is dry. Hope this rain comes and isn't a gully washer.

Attachments

• 20180906_173835.jpg
    20180906_173835.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180906_174132.jpg
    20180906_174132.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 25

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Im done but need to try and put some oats,wheat or rye in on a newly formed clover spot.
I'll take pics next trip down.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Gilly

Ten Pointer
I planted two 1/2 acre plots on Sunday in Southern Alamance. I wanted rain but not this much! hopefully they don't get washed or drowned out. I feel for all the farmers and hunters East of 95!

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yeah I was supposed to be planting today.. half the roads to the farm are closed or the bridges are out.maybe next week..

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Checked my clover/chicory plot today and its coming up good, I have a couple bare spots that I assume are do to standing water.
Pics next trip down.

sent from...... Tapatalk