Who will be participating in the NCWRC Summer Turkey Observation Survey?

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
My work carries me to 10 counties around Raleigh, so I probably won't see a lot of turkeys. at work But I cover a lot of back roads & countryside, especially on my time off. Force of habit makes me look for wildlife as I'm driving. Always keep a good set of binoculars in the truck just in case too. It can't hurt anything by contributing my turkey sightings between July 1 and August 31. What I see may even help give a better idea of population around here.

How about you?

Jim

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I don't spend too much time on the road so most of what I usually will report is what I see on y own place. From what I have seen so far this spring I'll be reporting 1 tom and 2 hens.

My dog flushes the occasional gobbler while scouting for coyotes. She sent one flying within 3 feet of my head a couple of weeks ago. Made me jump!

I'm thinking of participating for the first time this year.

Cam

Four Pointer
Tried to put in the sighitings i saw in June but it dosent accept them. I know it says starting July. Just looks like they would take poult sightings from whenever if their intent is to monitor the hatch. Only reason i could think is if spotted after July they figure they are big enough to make it. On another note i wish they would quit sending me trapping surveys and bear hunting surveys.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
interesting way to figure out birds, here in Ontario we have to fill out a survey from all our hunting seasons, so bear, deer, moose and turkeys. How many did we see, did we harvest, how many days hunted and what wild life management unit.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
got the home flocks annotated,,,,,zero poults so far,,,,

so folks may as well give up on Scotland County and the gamelands,,,,,:devilish:

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I participate in this but last year reported zero. This year might be pretty close to that too.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
I am and have already seen about 120. Saw these this morning probably about 8-10 more not in the pic.
6ad2cfcc8a6bee73b6834461302047d7.jpg

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I am! Finally had a sighting on July 17 in Bertie County on my way back home from Virginia. 5 turkeys standing on the side of the road. 2 looked like gobblers, but I only got a brief look. It was neat finally seeing some.

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ended up seeing 7 gobblers, 3 jakes and 4 hens at the place we were staying.20190730_095845.jpg

Last edited: