who was the most wrong here...the camera holder or the road rager

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqZoaWKv2k

I'm thinking that if the person taking the video would have just gotten out of the way the altercation wouldn't have happened. But the guy in the pick-up could've handled it better by either slowing down or just showing a more courtesy. They were both in the wrong IMHO....

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Agreed. It also appears that driver/cameraman is just cruising in the fast lane and not yielding to faster traffic.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Both took a chance with their actions. One paid and expensive price, while the other got away unscathed. Could have gone 3 more ways...just the opposite, both wrecking, or both going unscathed. Both played it like idiots, in my opinion.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah they are both playing this like idiots IMO..No cause for this to happen, move over even if you have to slow down and let the guy behind you move on...There are plenty of left lane people every day between Morehead City and Swansboro that will not move over or speed up. I just ignore them and let the people in a big hurry deal with them...

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Personally i think the guy in the truck got what he asked for acting like an idiot, it appeared that the woman was driving faster than the rest of the traffic as she was passing a car. Had the guy in the truck just passed when he had the chance and not acted like an idiot he wouldnt have totaled his truck.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
If the driver is finding enjoyment in video taping this incident then he was most likely instigating it to get the results he wanted on tape.

With that said, he said he was going slow because it was very wet and the tool in the truck obviously hydroplaned.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
yeah this isn't the interstate, its not controlled access even, its a 4 lane in town it looks like, therefore I don't think the "fast" lane rule has much validity. The guy in the truck was being a :donk and I personally thought it was a good example of how karma will rise up and slap you if your a :donk. you get up on me like that your getting the ole slowdown or brake check along with a hand gesture that isn't me telling you your number 1 lol.

Back in March when we had that ice storm and snow here I saw a guy in a big new Ford F150 hauling it down Greenville Blvd weaving in and out of vehicles, the roads were really bad and no one was going much more than 25ish and this clown comes by running 55 like a idiot and after he passes me he goes to change lanes to go around another truck and promptly loses it crossing 4 lanes of traffic TWICE and jumps the curb and ends up in a luckily empty parking lot. Thankfully the guy didn't hit anyone and hopefully he was humbled enough to not be a :donk next time.

duckmauler

Eight Pointer
Sandhills hunter, I could not have said that better myself. I wish they gave tickets for just riding in the passing lane

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Both at fault but hard to say without actually being there.

If he needed to be going to certain speed to be where he needed to be by a certain time he should have woke up 5 minutes earlier and not had to rely on the flow of traffic to determine his arrival.

If she could have, she should have moved over. Distracted driving. Her laughing lets us know what kind of person she is. The guy could have been killed.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Wouldn't have felt bad at all if some :donk:donk:donk tried to cut me off and killed himself. Call that karma.

If I'm in the left lane...doing greater than the speed limit and passing cars on the right. I'm not getting over. If you decide to tailgate me hope your brakes are better than mine

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
At least he didn't snap a couple photos - never looking away from the road.

That would have been horrendous.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Guy in the truck got what he deserved...hard for someone to move over when there is a truck beside them...is your life really worth driving like a jack---?

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I believe they are both in the wrong. She needed to move over to the right lane. Not to mention recording the entire incident was not safe in her part. I can not stand left lane cruisers. More states need laws like Maryland where it is illegal to putt along in the left lane. He needs to get driving lessons, I'm still baffled how he wrecked. I know that Ford doesn't have the power to just spin out. Must have been bald tires. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Clearly the fella driving the truck was at fault. The car in the left lane was going at 55 MPH which has to be the speed limit on that type of road. The car in the left lane was passing vehicles in the right lane. Just because the right lane car was "holding up" the guy in the truck, does not mean they were going 15 MPH under the speed limit like others are trying to make out. It also looked like the fella in the truck cut off the 2 vehicles in the right lane when he went to pass the left lane car. One last thing, the fella in the truck must be picking his battles, cause he clearly passed that car and seen someone that he was not afraid off, then slowed down to give them the 1 finger salute.

On a totally different subject, the person in the car filming, if it was the driver, is a moron. I would not even snap pictures with my phone on the road, that is pure stupidity.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If multi-tasking (at 5mph) creates a strain on your noggin, maybe you're too stupid to drive.