Who knows cell trail cameras?

evansperf

Eight Pointer
I'm looking to try a cell camera for the first time. I'm looking for a pretty reliable camera that wont break the bank. I don't think that I'd want to open a new cell account just for the camera either. Are there any cameras that I can buy prepaid data for the camera itself?

Look at tactacam reveal. I’m running several of them and SPYPOINT and the reveals work awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Tactacam reveal is head and shoulders above the rest but finding them now in stock is hard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mj1angier

Four Pointer
I have a Spypoint. as long as you get 3+ bars with what ever carrier you choose, it works good. Photos are okay. Not the best, not the worst. Fine to watch drive into my cabin.
PICT0021.JPG

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bring this back up if I can. Looks like some Spypoint cameras are on sale for black Friday. Can someone explain how the phone plan works. If I have unlimited through Verizon can I get the pictures without another plan. Thanks

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Bring this back up if I can. Looks like some Spypoint cameras are on sale for black Friday. Can someone explain how the phone plan works. If I have unlimited through Verizon can I get the pictures without another plan. Thanks
Spypoint has a free plan, but it's only like 100 pics a month. then they have a couple options from like $4 to $10 bucks a month.

I dropped a major hint to the wife the other day that i wanted a spypoint and a lockable case for it that screws into a tree. If she doesn't buy it i'll end up buying it for myself after christmas. But, i'd rather have it now :(

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Spypoint has a free plan, but it's only like 100 pics a month. then they have a couple options from like $4 to $10 bucks a month.

I dropped a major hint to the wife the other day that i wanted a spypoint and a lockable case for it that screws into a tree. If she doesn't buy it i'll end up buying it for myself after christmas. But, i'd rather have it now :(
Who do you pay the money to spypoint of your phone provider.

evansperf

Eight Pointer
It seems to me you pay the money to the app that you retrieve your pics from. With tactacam you pay like 13.00 per month for unlimited pics and can turn it on and off as needed so the guys that don't run them 24/365 don't have to pay a monthly data plan when they're not in use.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My only experience is with SpyPoint and I'm pleased. 100 free pics sent to your phone per month or you can upgrade to 1000 pics per month for $10 and just pay for the months you want. I'm running 3, including one at home for a security camera. The SpyPoint Micro can be found for $99 quite often. I have one of those and I'm very satisfied with it. Hard to beat for $99.
SPYPOINT Link-Micro-LTE 10.0 MP Cellular Trail Camera | Academy

Last edited: