Who is the best drummer ever?

buckman84

Eight Pointer
I'm a huge Metallica fan. And Lars is good, especially to still be playing like he is at his age. But he's definitely not the best, and people love to hate on him, even his own band mates at times lol.
Totally agree, there's plenty of talented deummers out there!

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
If you watch Danny Carey, nobody can copy what he's doing, he's the best at what he's doing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This young gal sure is easier on the eyes than Danny. Check this video out. She picks up the pace about 1/2 way through.

<>< Fish

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
What about Ringo?
Not a great drummer as far as solos,but one heck of a time keeper. Him and Phil Rudd from AC/DC should be called the human metronome.
You dont have to be a great soloist to be a awesome rock drummer.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I know NOTHING about drum playing. I do read a lot about rock musicians etc. Hard core Metallica/metal fans will even state Lars Ulrich is an above average drummer at best. His strengths are at creating the songs/rhythms rather than smashing out great solos.

Some drummers are very talented, others put on a good show (see Tommy Lee or Joey Jordanson of SlipKnot {though he did have quick hands and feet!}).

I got to see Rush live in HS, that was some great drumming.

Here is a cover of one of my favorite drum songs : 40 through 1:30).

I think special drummers are analogous to great pianists. Feet and hands moving all the time. The separator of course is a drummer uses both hands and both feet, the pianists does that plus 10 fingers.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
@FireDuck401 .... Oh I love Led Zeppelin. No doubt at all. I still remember where I was and what I was doing when my friend told me he died. We were gonna see them in concert on their upcoming tour. Sad day.

The list of phenominal drummers that has been mentioned in this thread is awesome.

I don't know the guy's name but, the drummer from Slipknot deserves a shout out too. He may have been mentioned as I don't recall his name.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
@FireDuck401 .... Oh I love Led Zeppelin. No doubt at all. I still remember where I was and what I was doing when my friend told me he died. We were gonna see them in concert on their upcoming tour. Sad day.

The list of phenominal drummers that has been mentioned in this thread is awesome.

I don't know the guy's name but, the drummer from Slipknot deserves a shout out too. He may have been mentioned as I don't recall his name.

Currently he is Jay Weinberg, and he is awesome! His dad played for The E street Band. I can't post any of his best drumming songs here as they all have bad words. But the young man has SKILL!

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Currently he is Jay Weinberg, and he is awesome! His dad played for The E street Band. I can't post any of his best drumming songs here as they all have bad words. But the young man has SKILL!
That he does. Have listened to him playing. He's damned good. And fast.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
That he does. Have listened to him playing. He's damned good. And fast.

Found a video of just him, and no cursing.

I especially like the part between : 55 and 1: 00

Plus he rolls true double bass, not the single peddle stuff

Lord I hate Cymbals during drum stuff. I feel it's cheap. I know the sound of cymbals helps songs, but to me they are not a note, they are noise to appease the masses. I'd be fine with songs with as few or no cymbals possible. Sorry country song fans ;)

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Oooohhh, here's a good one!

He explains playing the same stuff, at different speeds in order to be flexible.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I know NOTHING about drum playing. I do read a lot about rock musicians etc. Hard core Metallica/metal fans will even state Lars Ulrich is an above average drummer at best. His strengths are at creating the songs/rhythms rather than smashing out great solos.

Some drummers are very talented, others put on a good show (see Tommy Lee or Joey Jordanson of SlipKnot {though he did have quick hands and feet!}).

I got to see Rush live in HS, that was some great drumming.

Here is a cover of one of my favorite drum songs : 40 through 1:30).

I think special drummers are analogous to great pianists. Feet and hands moving all the time. The separator of course is a drummer uses both hands and both feet, the pianists does that plus 10 fingers.
Danny Carey routinely plays 4 different rhythms at the same time, one with each limb.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
#1 would prolly be Tom T. Turkey.
#2 would prolly be Garry Grouse.

those are the two drummers I like to hear.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Nickelback >> Slipknot.

MISS ST >>>> UF

To keep on topic,

For about 6 years of my life my "favorite" drummer was "Jerry Speiser". I bet NO ONE HERE can figure out who he was a drummer for without searching it. Sadly, I pulled it (might be mispelled) right out of my memory.