Who is liming and frost seeding this month?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Friday before the next rain I finished up my liming and frost seeding up at the Rock. Over the last 3 weekends, I have put 1600 pounds of pellet lime with an ATV spreader and 15 pounds of Durana, 10 pounds of Red, 10 pounds of White Dutch, and 5 pounds of Regal ladino clover with a pound of chicory. We got 2inches of rain on Saturday up there . We will see how good the stand comes in. Gotten where it is better for me to frost seed in Feb. than plant in the fall. The only clover that I can plant in the fall is crimson clover. The deer eat everything else down to the dirt.
Anyone else getting ready for Spring?

Packfan

Eight Pointer
I overseesed 25 lbs of ladino and 10 lbs of crimson into some plots two weeks ago. Checked today and it’s coming up nicely already between 1/4” and 1/2” with the warm temps and rain that we have had in Anson. I just hope that they don’t get burned up with a late frost.

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When is too late to frost seed?
Frost seeding in NC needs to be done by the end of February for any county that borders Virginia according to VT.
Ncstate recommends frost seeding from February to no later than early March for NC mountains , foothills, and Piedmont.

Southern

Ten Pointer
Frost seeding in NC needs to be done by the end of February for any county that borders Virginia according to VT.
Ncstate recommends frost seeding from February to no later than early March for NC mountains , foothills, and Piedmont.
??

25contender

Twelve Pointer
Will probably do some liming in April - May on a few fields but wait on the seeding till the fall. I do have some killing and mowing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: jug

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Blew leaves off of 4 plots this past weekend, reseeded 5 total with a mix of cereal grains, rape, clover etc. going to hit it with lime soon and hope to disc up 2 more new plots.

Also put out 900# feed (600 corn mixed with 300# soybeans)