Who is getting their flu shot?

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
Agree with some others about getting a "touch" of the flu. I had always assumed I'd had it, until confirmed at a healthy age of 37. That crap was no joke, and I do consider myself a pretty tough guy. Got it again at age 47, it wasn't so bad, it did suck spending 4 days in bed, what I got in 2018 (47 y/o) was an absolute shadow of my experience at 37. What I had at 47 was far worse than any other "touch of flu" that I THOUGHT I had previously had. But that crap in 2008 (age 37) was BRUTAL. Fortunate I didn't need advanced care, but it was the worst thing I've ever experienced. Regardless, I didn't get the vax until last year due to the stupid C19 crap. On the fence for this year.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not sure wish I wouldve asked, figured it was normal protocol. I'm gonna call today and inquire.
Dr. told me it was from personal experience and patient observation over the past year. Had several patients with bad reactions to Flu shot shortly after having Covid 19 he also had a issue from last year's Flu shot after a long battle with Covid.

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In 2017 both myself and the wild "Hot" young thing I used to call my wife tested positive for Flu type "A" and type "B."

We both were vaccinated that year. It sucked really bad for about 3-4 days, and we hardly got out of bed.

minuteman

Spike
Starting taking flu shots about 15 years ago after an episode with pneumonia. Just took this years. No reactions for me or wife, arm didn't even get sore. I haven't had the flu or even a cold that I can remember since I started taking them. Everybody is different.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Given today's cultural environment, I'm surprised they have not snuck a little covid vaccine into the flu shot...:stir:

Aythya

Eight Pointer
67 yo. Had what I suppose was the flu once when I was in my early thirties.

Only time I've had a flu shot was when I was high on Morphine in a hospital recovery room a couple of years ago and a nurse reviewing my records got me to agree to it while "high".

Nope, don't plan on doing that.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Given today's cultural environment, I'm surprised they have not snuck a little covid vaccine into the flu shot...:stir:
I got an idea for a double syringe, that I think could make $millions. Like those 2-part epoxy syringes. They could just tell people Flu A and B are on one side and "Flu C" is the other side. I ran into a holdup trying to find a microchip small enough to push through that tiny needle though.;)