Who is getting their flu shot?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My brother got the flu last week. He has never gotten the flu. I usually get my flu shot in October. This year with Covid and the flu , I just don't know. Eating Vitamin c like pez candy right now.
My wife works in the ER at Moore County hospital and says the covid cases are coming down again but just in time for the flu to start up.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
My brother got the flu last week. He has never gotten the flu. I usually get my flu shot in October. This year with Covid and the flu , I just don't know. Eating Vitamin c like pez candy right now.
My wife works in the ER at Moore County hospital and says the covid cases are coming down again but just in time for the flu to start up.
Got a regular check up in a few days with my PA. Plan to get the flu shot then. A little later than I normally do but the shot should be more effective going into late winter. I suspect the flu season will be a little weird and hard to anticipate this year.

Reactions: jug

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yup, the Chief-of-Staff and I got our Flu shots early September...

PS: There have been a number of 'reports / claims' where numbers of Flu cases have dropped significantly due to all the attempted covid related protective measures...be interesting to see if lower Flu numbers hold true through the winter

wolfpacker

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Getting this week at work. Never got it til it was that easy where they come set up at work to give them.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I'll get mine tomorrow at my regular appointment. Get it every year and yes, it makes me feel sick for a few days. Dr says that's just my body's reaction to the shot. I'd rather have that than the flu.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I think I'll opt for the HPV vaccine, that way I won't get throat cancer 😃
It will protect your uterus too. :D

I remember when my gf took her twin boy and girl to get the HPV shot. After it was over, she told them what it prevented. Zach spoke up from the back seat....'wait a minute. Do I even HAVE one of those??'. Of course the answer was no, you don't. So then came the indignant reply "so what did I just do that for? You had a coupon didn't you! Buy one and get one free!!" he was all kinds of pissed off and blamed his sister for him getting the shot.

Last edited:

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

IF YOU DONT GET THE FLU SHOT YOURE A MURDERER!!111

...or something.

LOL

I'm getting it.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
The only time I didn’t get my flu shot (‘95), I got the flu and was sick as a dog and laid up for 3 days. Absolute misery. That was enough to never let me forget it again.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Dr. suggested flu shot during physical last wk. I declined & mentioned that I had gotten flu after vaccine b4. He replied it was only 50% anyway. Likewise he also suggested the 3rd Pfizer booster since I am 65+ & diabetic. I am up in the air about that one. What next a 4th, 5th booster & so on?

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No shot for me. I'm the same camp as others. I'll take my chances.

Flu mist/shot was forced on me for 8 years. Every year I got the flu within a week of the "vaccine". Last time I got it was the worst.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Dr. suggested flu shot during physical last wk. I declined & mentioned that I had gotten flu after vaccine b4. He replied it was only 50% anyway. Likewise he also suggested the 3rd Pfizer booster since I am 65+ & diabetic. I am up in the air about that one. What next a 4th, 5th booster & so on?
the merk pill is next. imo.

Hoss

Eight Pointer
My Dr. Highly recommended I get it. Over 65 had the flu Jan. 1980 don't want it again. Wife and I been taking vitamins for quite a while. Haven't been sick lately.