Who has a good venison rib recipe they’re willing to share?

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looking to try something different from the old standby crockpot/pressure cooker ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
My mom used to take the ribs and cut them where they’d fit in a big soup pot. She’d boil them until the meat came off the bone.

then she’d place a layer of sliced onion in a buttered baking dish , add a layer of sliced potatoes , a layer of meat.

on top of that she’d put another layer of what onion and potatoes she had left.

then she’d bake the mixture til the veggies were done.

lastly she’d put a generous layer of shredded cheese on top and place it back into the oven til it got melted good.

pretty good table fare.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Aint much left really....wrap in foil with bbq sauce and cook on 250 in an oven for a couple hours....u still gonna end up with the same product as crock/pressure cooker....

PG2

Ten Pointer
slice them to individual ribs, put in a roasting pan, mix Lipton onion soup mix with about 24 oz of hot water, pour a little vegetable oil on the ribs and brush it in and pour the onion soup mixture over the ribs, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook at 325 for about 3-4 hours, fall off the bone deliciousness....

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Season ribs with your favorite BBQ rub 12 to 24 hours in advance. Make sure it has salt.

To cook quarter one onion and you will need some fat. Bacon works. As does beef or pork fat. I have used them all. The bacon can be too smoky if cooking the ribs in a smoker.

Place the onion, 1 Bay leaf and 1 cup of water in the bottom of a dollar store foil pan with the ribs on top, meat side up. Arrange the fat evenly on top of the meat so it drips through as it cooks. Wrap tightly in foil.

I cook the ribs covered in the oven or my Big Green Egg smoker for at least 3 hours. 300 degrees is a good temp.

Uncover, pull out of the pan and smoke or oven bake at 375 for 1 hour.

If you want BBQ sauce on them pull the fat and brush the sauce on in the last 15 to 20 minutes of cooking

Here is a boned venison leg before I roasted it with Ribeye fat before I cooked it. It is congruent with how to bard the ribs20200427_165510.jpg20200427_182010.jpg