Who else is pulling for the Nationals

nontypical

Ten Pointer
As a life long Braves fan, since they are out, I will be pulling for the Nats in the World Series. Anyone else?

nontypical

Ten Pointer
Oh come on man...you know you miss seeing him blow a kiss to the opposing pitcher as he rounds 3rd after smacking one over the fence! :LOL:

I'm surprised he hasn't needed facial reconstruction surgery yet! (y)

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I like Verlander and Altuve so Astros it is for me.
unfortunately i cant even say you are being a bit premature.
I have no hopes of the yankees overcoming the pitching from the astros.
I agree with db on a rational for pulling for the nationals but if the yankees arent there i'll just pull for good games.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
ambivalent
Had to look that word up..... I agree however! They just happen to be the closest team to where I live. In fact, if they had a team when I was a kid and TBS didn't show all the Braves game, I probably would have been a Nationals fan. I was a Redskins fan as a youngster before the Panthers came along!

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I get the Mid Atlantic Sports stations on my Dish package so the Nats and Orioles games are on when the other 120 channels are just garbage. Been following the Nats for a few years now and glad to see them on a run at the right time. IMO, they definitely are a better team without Harper. He did not take the Phils to the promised land either.

The Nats have several good young players with Soto, Robles and Turner. Rendon has been there a little longer but is solid. Zim is near the end of his career but still contributes when he can stay healthy. And they would probably not be in the series without Kendrick's bat. The mix of youth and experience with good starting pitching has done well down the stretch. I am not sold on their manager in spite of their success. And they have some obvious weaknesses, the most glaring being the relief pitching. The Yankees or the Astros will make hay once they get the starters out of the game.

I would like to see the Nats pull it out but certainly will not bet the house on it!

pale horse

Six Pointer
Nats …. I guess. Cardinals fan … what a time to go into a team batting slump, of course Nats pitching had a lot to do with that.
Hope Astros can beat the Yankees. Then the WS will be great. No Dodgers, no Yankees, and NO BRAVES.
Only bad thing is no Cardinals.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Starting pitching is what gives the nats a shot at it all how long can they stay in game of course when you look at Houston starters if they make it would be tough task

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I don't get pulling for a divisional rival once your team is eliminated.

I'm a lifelong Braves fan (Hank Aaron spoke at my elementary school graduation), and I watch casually once the Braves' season is over. I can even appreciate individual and team performances. I simply don't care who wins in the least, but am certainly not pulling for a rival like the Nats.

Cheering for the Yankees is like rooting for Ticketmaster, so I guess that leaves the Astros, a team which I still think is in the National League...

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
This is the only MLB thread I see on the forum, and I don't want to make another one since.......Tonight will be the first time this year I have watched a game all the way from the first pitch to last. I can't believe how loud the Houston fans are after the first 3 outs!!! Even on a strike! I can't imagine if they get a hit.

Since I got to go to an Astros game once when working in Houston, and got to witness one of Jeff Bagwell's towering home runs, I'd say I'll pull for them from here on out.

nontypical

Ten Pointer
I wonder if the stros will challenge Soto with the fastball again?

After last night, I would make someone else beat me!

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
With no left handed pitchers to challenge Soto, I predict a lot of unintentional or intentional walks in pressure situations from here on out in this series. Not many easy outs in either lineup.

Have to win one before they can win four! Congrats to the Nats!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So far I must admit I'm surprised never seen nationals taking first 2 against Houston Ace's on road. Glad I'm not a gambler

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I always pull for the national league but it’s hard to pull for the nationals as a Braves fan. I am glad they’re doing it without Harper though.