Who Believe's in ghosts'?

Who believes in non religious ghosts'

• No, I don't believe that anything that has died can carry on in our world as we see it.

• Yes, I believe in ghosts, in that lives lost can come back in sight, sound or feelings.

• This poll is stupid. I don't have an answer.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Probably been covered on here a hundred times, but I can't remember the last. Ghosts. As in beings who formally lived, then died, and can now alter the livings' state of mind through sight sound or feeling.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Next thing you know I'll have to edit it down to non religious white sheet with 2 eye holes with long wet hair hanging her her down low lol.

chef

Ten Pointer
i have heard first hand stories from my mom and dad about a place they used to live in that had ghosts. my grandma would not stay in the house alone. she would sit outside in a lawn chair all day long because of them. i absolutely believe my parents they have no reason to lie to me and my brother this long. things that can't be explained away and were not just the "it felt like something was in the room" stories.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Should look up the eye witness reliability stats. I do believe that people believe what they THINK they saw. Bigfoot, black cats, flying saucers......

Excursion

Ten Pointer
My Dad tells a story about my uncle Frank. He was walking in the woods (1940 era)near home at night and crossed a creek. After he crossed it a one eyed "devil" jumped out from behind a rock and was covered in chains. He shook the chains at my uncle so he ran about a 1/2 mile through the woods home. After he got home he told my Grandpa the story and Grandpa, uncle Frank and uncle Ralph got their guns and went back to the spot and found nothing. He told that story until the day he died....... He was also an alcoholic coming home from a liquor still when he saw "it". Hmmmmmmmmmm.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I've heard so many ghost stories either involving someone getting hair pulled in middle of night or footsteps when no one is home I can't count. I guess I just don't have much of an imagination

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
I never really have believed in em but my mind might have changed this past Turkey season. Was staying in an old remodel hotel down in SC and just as I was about to fall asleep I heard 3 loud knocks in the wall through the headboard of my bed. 10 min later I heard em again down the wall (nobody else had a room on that floor). When I got home I told my wife and her sister about it. Her sister told me 3 knocks on the wall means someone close to you will die in the next month. Just blew it off....1 month later my best friends dad died. Cpl weeks after a good friend of the family died

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I could tell some stories from the old farm. The original owner died in the house. Sometimes you would hear walking upstairs but no one was up there. Multiple times when I or someone else would be milking cows alone, the hair would stand up on the back of your neck like you were being watched but no one was there. We left an old AM radio on in the barn 24/7. Sometimes it would turn off while we were milking, you'd go look and it was off by the knob.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've had a couple of "encounters" when I was alone that pretty much made me believe in something out there, but the encounters that I had when I was with others to verify the encounters has me sure that there's unexplained things out there.
Our house is built on the town of Old Richmond and the boarding house sat where our house is now. I have no history at all of the source of the encounters that we have had in our house(which was built in 2005)but they were witnessed by more than one person at the time it happened.
My wife and I were at home , both of us in the living room watching TV. There was a clear voice that came from the bedroom in the front hall that called out "Robert? Robert? ...there was no source for that voice , no radio or tv in the room and we live alone. This has happened twice since we've been there, both times the voice calls for Robert twice, it's a male voice and is very clear.
There are times that our parrot will not leave his room and come into the living room or he will come into the room, freak out, and return to his room as fast as he can. No reason for his behavior, he's 21 years old and doesn't freak out regularly.
I'm not saying it's ghosts, spirits or something from another time or whatever, I'm just saying it's unexplained but real.
I was with a group of guys returning to our hunting camp in two separate vehicles one night, we saw the same shadow looking figure walking down a 6 mile long dirt road. Only thing was, we saw it almost at the same time....but it was more than a mile difference in location. The other truck stopped to see if they needed help and the person was gone. It was at the site of a old black folk town that hadn't had anyone living there..or even any houses , since before the depression.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
The Witch of Endor summons the spirit of Samuel in the Bible.

There are many biblical references that refer to spirits of the dead and warn not to communicate with them.

The bible also says that when Jesus had risen and left the tomb he was on the road when he came upon several of his disciples. He asked them why they were looking at him, as if they'd seen a ghost. That's enough for me, always thought if he said it, they must exist...

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I dont but have had a few very weird experiences. One was my very young son kept looking at blank space and smiling and following something with his eyes. I was able to get video of it one time. Shortly after and a few days latert my wife heard him crying over the baby monitor and heard someone go "shhhhhhh". She thought it was our older son but he was still sleeping and nobody was in the room.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I've had a couple of "encounters" when I was alone that pretty much made me believe in something out there, but the encounters that I had when I was with others to verify the encounters has me sure that there's unexplained things out there.
Our house is built on the town of Old Richmond and the boarding house sat where our house is now. I have no history at all of the source of the encounters that we have had in our house(which was built in 2005)but they were witnessed by more than one person at the time it happened.
My wife and I were at home , both of us in the living room watching TV. There was a clear voice that came from the bedroom in the front hall that called out "Robert? Robert? ...there was no source for that voice , no radio or tv in the room and we live alone. This has happened twice since we've been there, both times the voice calls for Robert twice, it's a male voice and is very clear.
There are times that our parrot will not leave his room and come into the living room or he will come into the room, freak out, and return to his room as fast as he can. No reason for his behavior, he's 21 years old and doesn't freak out regularly.
I'm not saying it's ghosts, spirits or something from another time or whatever, I'm just saying it's unexplained but real.
I was with a group of guys returning to our hunting camp in two separate vehicles one night, we saw the same shadow looking figure walking down a 6 mile long dirt road. Only thing was, we saw it almost at the same time....but it was more than a mile difference in location. The other truck stopped to see if they needed help and the person was gone. It was at the site of a old black folk town that hadn't had anyone living there..or even any houses , since before the depression.

Is it possible that your wife's boyfriend is named Robert and the parrot was calling out his name?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Is it possible that your wife's boyfriend is named Robert and the parrot was calling out his name?
Well, that would be a possibility, except that the voice came from another bedroom other than his(he has his own room and never ventures into the other spare bedroom). I would hope that Robert wouldn't be calling his own name for the parrot to imitate....but stranger things have happened I guess. :unsure:

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Never really believed in ghost but now I can say yes I do 100%. While I was building my house I moved into my grandparents old home place. House was built by my great grandfather in 1901, he lived there until he died then my grandfather bought it until he passed about 5 years ago, so now my dad and uncle own it. While I was there on multiple occasions things would happen, brushed them off at first but then things would happen that couldn't be ignored. Had multiple grandparents, aunts, and uncles pass away while living there. Never felt threatened or in fear but something else was there. Always seemed to follow my children and almost seemed to protect them. Too many stories to tell would not believe it had I not witnessed it myself.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I voted that I don't believe in them. But the wife and I have an agreement. If we see the Indian or some type of old folk swinging in our swing that we can put up the for sale sign and the other wouldn't ask any questions and just start packing.

The swing was swinging by it's self one day and the dog was just kind of looking at it strange but there wasn't anyone in it.

chef

Ten Pointer
I voted that I don't believe in them. But the wife and I have an agreement. If we see the Indian or some type of old folk swinging in our swing that we can put up the for sale sign and the other wouldn't ask any questions and just start packing.

The swing was swinging by it's self one day and the dog was just kind of looking at it strange but there wasn't anyone in it.

this is my take.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I voted "yes" and will say why.

From a biblical standpoint, there are stories and warnings in the Bible about spirits/demons/apparitions. I mentioned the Witch of Endor story, but there are many other verses in the Bible that reference spirits and how they can still be part of the Earth, but not be living. So, from a biblical standpoint, I believe in them.

Secondly, from a purely scientific/physics standpoint, there is the Law of Conservation of Energy, which is energy cannot be created or destroyed. All living things have an "energy." We often refer to it as a "soul" from a religious standpoint. But, whatever it is, living beings physically have that energy. Because of the First Law of Thermodynamics (stated above), when we die, our energy does not just go away, it has to go somewhere. I believe that the energy that we have can be "left behind" in a certain form. That form could be seen/perceived as a ghost/apparition.

Finally, demons do exist. The Bible speaks of them, they are the fallen angels that roam the Earth, trying to lure all away from Christ. I have seen demons. Not a devil with horns or some sort of monstrous creature. I have stared pure evil in the face. It was just in the form of a human being who had committed atrocities that were so terrible I have tried to forget them, but I can't. I stared that person in the eyes and saw nothing but evil in them, there was nothing else, just a darkness that I couldn't even fathom. I have only been truly terrified a couple times in my life, and that was one of them.

Aythya

Eight Pointer
Didn't used to until I had an "encounter" of my own. I have a door and window company and frequently replace windows in condos , apartments etc. It is not uncommon for neighbors to drop by during my installation to see my product. This happened about 15 years ago. I was running a long bead of sealant on a brick rowlock beneath a picture window. I wanted to do it with no stops so as to maintain a constant width. As I was doing this I saw the reflection of an older woman, grey hair, older style flowered dress and a blue sweater in the glass of the picture window. I thought the sweater odd being it was late June and the temperature was in the eighties . Concentrating on what I was doing I told her I'd be with her in just a second if that would be okay. I glanced up at the reflection and she smiled and nodded yes. It took me about six or seven seconds to complete my bead . I turned around to face her and ask what I could do for her and she was gone. The space the picture window faced was a patio enclosed by a privacy fence about six and a half feet tall. The only way out through the fence was a gate with creaky ,sagging hinges, corner sunk into the sod so it was almost impossible for me at 6'4" and 210 pounds to open. The door to the patio from the building was directly beside the window I was caulking and was blocked by the wrought iron table that would normally been in front of the window. My first thought was " no effing way!". The hair stood up on my neck and arms I about half freaked out, moved the table from in front of the door, walked rapidly through the unit and out the front door thinking "holy crap, what the heck just happened ?" Got my phone out and called my wife and my best friend with my " you're never going to believe this" story. Did about 40 some units in that complex. Had no problem with "haints" at any of the rest.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Definitely exist too many things that I’ve seen happen that are unexplainable.