Who’s in your playoff picture?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm so glad Utah is out so tired them annoucers trying hype them up. If they'd made playoff woulda been a masacre. Bad for fans. Ga or Okl why would lose might at least be competitive against Ohio st in first round. Baylor can not compete with Ohio st would be another slaughter. I like LSU better but ill be rooting for Ga just to make playoffs as competitive as possible. At least Ga has awesome run defense should be able slow Ohio st down scoring for Ga would be their downfall

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I wonder if all these major championship games will follow suit with Pac 12 non competitive. App st and Memphis games might be best if day

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I'd absolutely LOVE IT if Ga beat LSU and Wis pulled it out over Ohio St...... That'd sure put some pressure and clarity on the BCS !!!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If that committee doesn't put LSU number one their nuts best resume and even though Ga was injured still whipped them both sides ball. I'm not sure I'd put money on them to beat Clemson or Ohio but still deserve 1 spot

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Did Ohio St. COME BACK AND WIN ? No. 1 in the country shouldn't have to come bsck at all, these days.
They did made the halftime adjustments and dominated 2nd half. But my argument for LSU is they beat 5 top ten teams. I do not believe Ohio st woulda stayed undefeated against Ga Bama Fla and auburn. This should be no brainer in my eyes. Could be all for nothing though Clemson has their swagger back I look for a repeat champ

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I sent that response from work. When I left, Wisc. was up 21-7. It was 21-14 when we hit the floor. I checked the score after checking NChuntandfish...lol.
I agree, LSU should be #1 today.
Doesn't really matter. I think Clemson will beat whoever is put in front of them.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah Clemson looks to be clicking on all cylinders this ain't first time dabo has had them that way at end season it'll take somebody's best game to beat them LSU has the offense to compete but their D is suspect

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Hey guys, I'm a Clemson fan. I know that is obvious, and I've already said it. I understand I am biased about this stuff.
I don't intend to rub ya'll the wrong way about it. I'm just having fun and my team is playing good.
I know the others in the top 4 are good teams too. LSU has accomplished a lot this season. They are tough. I was really pulling for them against Bama.
Ohio St. is really good too. Tough and resilient. Can score quickly at almost anytime. I just don't like them. Never have. Never liked Urban Meyer either.
Last year's scandal was embarrassing to the school. The LSU scandal was a mess too. Guess the NCAA didn't care too much about that one either.
Oklahoma, I can live without. Really, I think any of the other top 3 would mop the floor with them.
LSU does deserve the top ranking today.
Oklahoma is barely justified being put at #4 (in my book).
Don't matter where Ohio or Clemson is put at this point.... They're gonna play each other.
Sorry for the long post. Just clarifying where I'm coming from when we're yukking it up over football.

Still wish Ga. had beat LSU, just to put LSU #4 but, I don't think it would change too much.
LSU
Clemson
Ohio St.
Osklahoma

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't count okl out totally their D is improved but still stinks but all Hurts has done is win win and running QB can be real headache to defend he has weapons at skill positions and a dang good coach. Could be shootout like with them and Ga that was heck of playoff game. I think as college football fans this worked out as good as could both games should be competitive and make for a fun day. We got rid of Pac 12 at least

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah. My son is a big Oregon fan. I like Oregon. I'd like to see them put a complete team together good enough to truly contend. I mean, a true team with strength. But, oh well. I may never see it. Not that big a deal, in the long run.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma
LSU/Bama Winner

At this point I see the Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma going undefeated. I think the LSU/Bama winner wins SEC and is in. If any of the first 3 drop a game then a one loss LSU/Bama winner would take their spot.

Did not go exactly as I thought, but I did get the 4 teams right back in October.

I am going Clemson over Ohio State, LSU over Oklahoma and then LSU wins in convincing fashion to once again put the SEC back on top.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I still think it’s funny.

Clemson began the season - No 1 .......go undefeated.......and falls to 3rd.

I despise politics in sports.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
“Almost lost”?

What does that even mean? You either win or you lose? Their schedule was known from the beginning.

Agreed and Clemson hasn’t lost in 28 games. Also I said it 8 weeks ago when the smoke clears Clemson will be 30-0.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
And heck......the team they “almost lost” to.....beat S Carolina......Which beat GA.

See how ridiculous this can get?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
“Almost lost”?

What does that even mean? You either win or you lose? Their schedule was known from the beginning.
yes but a close game to unc was never to be expected and that likely started their decline in respect from the committee. As it should have.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
yes but a close game to unc was never to be expected and that likely started their decline in respect from the committee. As it should have.

That whole narrative is a much bigger slam on UNC than it is on Clemson.

I’m not a fan of either school, but scheming a way not to have them No 1 is just petty as hell IMO.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
That whole narrative is a much bigger slam on UNC than it is on Clemson.

I’m not a fan of either school, but scheming a way not to have them No 1 is just petty as hell IMO.
I just dont see a scheme, LSU and OSU have the same record and have played better opponents. why wouldnt they be ranked higher?.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
So let me ask this. If strength of schedule matters so much:
1. Why was Alabama EVER ranked #1 this year ?
2. Why isn't the team with the toughest schedule automatically ranked #1 at the onset of the season ?

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I believe LSU is the best team and should be #1. They have beaten 4 teams that are currently in the top 10. Rankings for Clemson and Ohio State really does not matter. Teams ranked 2 and 3 face each other. I think the committee got it right.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
As a Clemson fan I don’t give a :donk:donk:donk:donk what number as long as it’s 1-4. Spot the ball and beat the team you are matched up to. OSU and LSU will find out the same way bama did last year.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Then why not rank them higher to begin with?
I assume their perception of teams change as they play the games.
Knowing what you know now you think clemson deserves the #1 seeding?
Running the acc table is to be more rewarded than the sec or bigten this year?