Who’s in your playoff picture?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm still holding out hope for Penn State. If they win out, they are in the Big Ten Championship game with a likely rematch with Minnesota.
It won't happen for them to play again but for argument sake I will say penn st would beat the gophers on neutral site

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
GA being ahead of any other undefeated or one loss team is hard to understand.
Doesn't really matter because they are one of the teams that will decide their fate on the field win out and in lose another game like maybe this Sat and then its outta their hands like Bama

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Really you think Ohio State wont be in the BT Championship game? Not sure what I can say here! Good Luck?

On any given day, teams can be upset. There isn't a huge difference between Ohio State and Penn State. If Penn State wins its last three games, Penn State is in the championship game and Ohio State is wondering what bowl it is in. It's even harder for Penn State because they play Ohio State at home. They beat a far superior Ohio State a few years ago so anything can happen.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Well it was good day for state of Iowa. I figured Minn would come back to reality but they played tough I really thought they'd get beat solidly. With tua out for season were gonna get Pac 12 champ in playoff betting that will be blowout if I were LSU I'd make sure I win SEC champ to get that team. Don't want Ohio st or Clemson in first rd

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So what are thoughts on Saban should he have left Tua in? Its impossible to predict injury but sure felt like it was time to bench him knowing game in hand and next week is guarantee win coulda been well healed and rested for iron bowl.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Saban was being the typical cocky, smug Saban. Until Tua got totaled. Now Bama's wrecked. Their SOS until they played LSU was the worst of top teams. Look what happened.
Ohio state and Clemson are the 2 most complete teams. AP always wants to shun the ACC. Whatever.
Penn st. Is done. Should'a been de-ranked when they struggled to beat unranked teams, but weren't. No way they beat Ohio State.
LSU is tough. They have beaten good teams. I still see Clemson or Ohio State beating them.

No matter how the strings are pulled, the best National Championship game would be Ohio State vs. Clemson. They are the 2 most complete teams right now. I don't want that, as I'd love to see Clemson's defense totally destroy Burrow. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I still need to find a deer or 2 to kill. Lol

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Saban was being the typical cocky, smug Saban. Until Tua got totaled. Now Bama's wrecked. Their SOS until they played LSU was the worst of top teams. Look what happened.
Ohio state and Clemson are the 2 most complete teams. AP always wants to shun the ACC. Whatever.
Penn st. Is done. Should'a been de-ranked when they struggled to beat unranked teams, but weren't. No way they beat Ohio State.
LSU is tough. They have beaten good teams. I still see Clemson or Ohio State beating them.

No matter how the strings are pulled, the best National Championship game would be Ohio State vs. Clemson. They are the 2 most complete teams right now. I don't want that, as I'd love to see Clemson's defense totally destroy Burrow. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I still need to find a deer or 2 to kill. Lol
Your very likely to get your wish of Clemson D and burrow because LSU will be top ranked if beats Ga then they'll bear Pac 12 champ. So as long as Clemson beats likely Ohio st its set. But I wouldn't say the D will destroy burrow he has played very well against high level defenses this year now his D will likely let Clemson score at will leaving us with a shoot out if all this plays out

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma. But if Georgia somehow upsets LSU in SEC Championship game..........................................then Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU. I still think Oregon drops another.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
LSU can't beat Ohio State. Everybody knows it. Pollsters are crooked...they will do wahatever it takes to make Clemson play Ohio State. Fine by me. Be a great game. Pollsters cheat to uplift SEC every year. The SOS talk means diddly while Alabama is still in top 10. I think top 10 should play top 10 in regular season instead of playing tiny nobody schools.
Just my opinion.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So what are thoughts on Saban should he have left Tua in? Its impossible to predict injury but sure felt like it was time to bench him knowing game in hand and next week is guarantee win coulda been well healed and rested for iron bowl.
i heard this am that saban was allowing that that was to be Tua's last series. Tua and he will be haunted by his timing for a long time imo.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I think it will be:
LSU/GA winner
OSU
Clemson
No idea on 4th... maybe LSU if they lose close to GA, or maybe Big 12, or Pac 12 champ

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
i heard this am that saban was allowing that that was to be Tua's last series. Tua and he will be haunted by his timing for a long time imo.

Yep said he left him in to get some 2min drill live practice more than anything else. Hate it for the kid, but you pay your money and take your chances..

At this point it is looking a lot like LSU/Clemson/Ohio St/Oregon but still a good bit of water to flow under the bridge.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
LSU
Ohio st
Clemson
Pac12 winner unfortunately

I agree with this assessment. Though :
It might be good for the Pac 12 champ to find out how much work they need to do to be competitive with the rest. Or :
The rest of us may be surprised if the Eastern schools can't run with the western school.
If they EARN the right to be in the game, play the game and we'll see.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I agree with this assessment. Though :
It might be good for the Pac 12 champ to find out how much work they need to do to be competitive with the rest. Or :
The rest of us may be surprised if the Eastern schools can't run with the western school.
If they EARN the right to be in the game, play the game and we'll see.
The best they got already lost to SEC 5th best team this year and last time we seen them in playoff they were getting hammered by 20 plus. I don't have favorite that is contender I'd just like competitive games

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Turkeyfoot, you're right. Oregon had Auburn down and choked. Let them come back and lost it. Early in the season.
If they're in, they're in. Better than a washed up, beat down Alabama team. Just my opinion.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Turkeyfoot, you're right. Oregon had Auburn down and choked. Let them come back and lost it. Early in the season.
If they're in, they're in. Better than a washed up, beat down Alabama team. Just my opinion.
Yeah Bama should be done I say should because you never know with crazy upsets. I'd rather see okl or Ga than Oregon just for competitiveness but it'll be what it'll be. Unfortunately if I had pick winner today I'd say Ohio st

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Well. I'm a Clemson fan. Been one since the Danny Ford days. So, I am biased.
Ohio state is a complete team. Nothing looks like a weakness. That's why I believe the pollsters want to rig it Clemson vs. Ohio st. So, their "beloved" SEC gets to play in the championship game.
LSU is good. Real good. Maybe good enough. Not sure good enough to beat Ohio st. or Clemson. We'll see. I believe most of the games will be good.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Its not rigged in anyway, at least not yet LSU is only 1 because they have best resume so far its pretty cut and dry still few more games to go. Great thing is with the playoff it can be decided on the field the better team can prevail just win. Better than a poll deciding it for sure. Gonna be lot on line during conf champ games I think which is great for fans

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
I’m sorry but as a Clemson fan I’ll just this SPOT THE DAMN BALL! I don’t care if it OSU, LSU, or whoever. Clemson is the best team in the country right now.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I’m sorry but as a Clemson fan I’ll just this SPOT THE DAMN BALL! I don’t care if it OSU, LSU, or whoever. Clemson is the best team in the country right now.

Oh, I agree. Whole-heartedly. A lot of others just have to have Clemson play Ohio St. before the nat'l champ. game...
Thus, rendering the nat'l ch. game not to the two best teams right now in NCAAF, but who THEY SAY are the two best teams.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Oh, I agree. Whole-heartedly. A lot of others just have to have Clemson play Ohio St. before the nat'l champ. game...
Thus, rendering the nat'l ch. game not to the two best teams right now in NCAAF, but who THEY SAY are the two best teams.

I want UGA in first round and LSU/ OSU in the final

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I just realized I have not mentioned Georgia. They are tough. They could play like they can, and win and spoil some people's day.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
803e783edbcb3a9d3ae2a5823f7725bf.jpg
b0626da6c28c3c227ac2a63e2335e4a5.jpg

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
But you also gotta factor in LSU has been playing better teams. and its obvious their D is not that stout. This is all just for conversation the best team will be last standing because the teams control their own destiny

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah
LSU don't even make the top 2 teams in the nation. Rankings are a way for people that can't play, and most never could play, exert some control over the outcome.i.e. deciding what teams play when.