Who’s in your playoff picture?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So Tua is out for Bama 3 weeks does anyone see them beating LSU without him I don't. If everything goes perfect he could be back for the game. I tell you what it could set up is Bama getting in without winning SEC the committee takes injuries into account and they've done it before

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
I don't really care if the UNC fans claim a moral victory. They don't bother me much. :) I think its completely reasonable to have last year's national champs not start the next year ranked #1. If you lose the majority of the team that took you to the title, you aren't the same team and aren't entitled to the same respect.

That's just my humble opinion.

Except the fact that they are still winning and will likely end up 27-0 before bowl season.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So Tua is out for Bama 3 weeks does anyone see them beating LSU without him I don't. If everything goes perfect he could be back for the game. I tell you what it could set up is Bama getting in without winning SEC the committee takes injuries into account and they've done it before

What happens in your scenario if UGA beats LSU?

?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
What happens in your scenario if UGA beats LSU?

?
I still see Bama getting in if only loss is LSU without Tua. This is of course is only set up if okl Clemson or bit 10 champ has loss. If they all undef and Ga wins SEC. Bama 1 loss then that would be one heck of debate. I don't know how itd go but I sure would be curious. I still gotta we Ohio play somebody their competetion has been so poor its on Clemson level. But they got Wis this wknd then it'll be close to Dec before next tough games. They could be great but but we'll see. I would be more surprised if they undef. Than if they lose one

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
The way things are going, Clemson won't be in. De-ranked while winning. I just want Alabama to lose. Twice, if possible...lol
Clemson
LSU
OU
Penn St.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Clemson will be in as long as wins these rankings right now mean nothing these other teams have to play each other some will lose there is absolutely no chance defending undefeated champ not in but of I were them I sure wouldn't lose a game late could get tricky depending on what happens in SEC Nov 9th. I tell ya with all this LSU bandwagon I want to pick auburn this wknd only thing keeping me from it is freshman QB. LSU D isn't great but my guess they can handle him. I don't see a blowout though. I also see Harbough finally getting a top 10 win sat night think think they will get the Irish at home.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Clemson will be in as long as wins these rankings right now mean nothing these other teams have to play each other some will lose there is absolutely no chance defending undefeated champ not in but of I were them I sure wouldn't lose a game late could get tricky depending on what happens in SEC Nov 9th. I tell ya with all this LSU bandwagon I want to pick auburn this wknd only thing keeping me from it is freshman QB. LSU D isn't great but my guess they can handle him. I don't see a blowout though. I also see Harbough finally getting a top 10 win sat night think think they will get the Irish at home.

Are you feeling ok? I'm worried about ya. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Are you feeling ok? I'm worried about ya. :)
You must be talking about the LSU part its just a gut feeling I think auburn front 7 is best LSU will see due to Fla had injuries when played. But that freshman QB at LSU will not get job done he better be glad its not night game that place is plum nuts at night in bayou. Or you could be referring to Irish game just gut feeling to I believe ND is best team but Harbough has to beat a good team at some point well maybe not. But hey like I said in baseball thread good thing I'm not gambler I'd be living out of cardboard box.?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So now with okl loss. Bama best move is to not play Tua in LSU game if lose not have play in SEC champ game and still make playoffs. I'm half kidding but this is very likely scenario

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Based on this season, how can you not rank LSU #1 this week?

I see what you’re saying (and there’s AN argument for what you’re suggesting).

But, the team that started the year ranked number 1 is undefeated, with a margin of victory of +\- 30 ppg.

How they AREN’T number 1 is the question I’m asking.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The announcer for one of the games of the week, yesterday (former coach.....who I don’t know the name of) said (during the OU v KS St. game)......that if OU came back in that game, it would validate their ranking.

So, when Clemson WINS by 1 pt, it’s proof they’re not worthy of their number 1 ranking?

Nothing’s really changed. The playoff ranking is still very flawed (IMO).

And again, I’m no Clemson apologist. They’re my 2nd favorite team in that state!

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
^the playoff rankings aren’t even out yet, so there’s that.

Here are the basics. Who did you play, and who did you beat. For Clemson, the answer is no one, and everyone.

For others, the answer is someone, and everyone. It’s very simple

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Based on this season, how can you not rank LSU #1 this week?
Agreed LSU has by far beaten the better teams of anyone else. But it'll be irrelevant in 2 weeks they can decide it on the field where it counts gonna be fun one I think not the old 9-6 battle

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^the playoff rankings aren’t even out yet, so there’s that.

Here are the basics. Who did you play, and who did you beat. For Clemson, the answer is no one, and everyone.

For others, the answer is someone, and everyone. It’s very simple

They played everybody on their schedule and they beat all of them.

This is the same schedule they had at the beginning of the season, when the powers that be thought enough of it to rank them number one.

Is the lesson here to run the score up on opponents?

I’m not so much arguing that LSU (or anyone else) isn’t worthy of being ranked no 1. I’m arguing that Clemson started no 1 .....and they haven’t lost. I don’t know what else could be expected of them.

This rankings thing is for headlines.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
OK. I am going to pretend I am a major sports network college football analyst and that my viewers do not remember what I said last week.

Bama/LSU winner wins SEC and they are in as #1 seed.
Undefeated Ohio State #2 seed.
Undefeated Clemson #3 seed.
Bama/LSU looser is best one loss team and they are in. They are well rested from not having played a conference championship game and win it all.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
ASU- Appalachian State University- undefeated with victories over the sec does the trick?
LSU
Clemson
not sure on 4 .

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
ASU- Appalachian State University- undefeated with victories over the sec does the trick?
LSU
Clemson
not sure on 4 .

Thats a mighty big spoon you've got there. I agree if ASU beats Bama, LSU or even UGA. But I don't think those games are in the cards.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Right now the eye test gives me this:
1 LSU
2 Alabama
3 Ohio State
4 Penn State

I know that that doesnt please Clemson fans, but because the ACC is so pitiful this year they are not going to
have any quality wins, so strength of schedule is going to do them in come selection time.......

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Right now the eye test gives me this:
1 LSU
2 Alabama
3 Ohio State
4 Penn State

I know that that doesnt please Clemson fans, but because the ACC is so pitiful this year they are not going to
have any quality wins, so strength of schedule is going to do them in come selection time.......

I’m not a Clemson fan. The NCAA will be the laughing stock of sports if an undefeated Clemson team is shunned.

That’s just absurd, IMO .

Also.....won’t PSU face OSU?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
OSU and PSU are in the same conference and sub conference. So one will eliminate the other from the playoffs because there won't be any chance they play again in the B10 championship.

My list is:

Clemson
Any two of Bama/LSU/UGA
OSU

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone thinking an undefeated Clemson ain't getting in has been in the shine. I'm guilty myself of picking at teams for weak schedule but Clemson has proven themselves even after crazy losses they absolutely whipped Bama last year there ain't many teams that can say that in recent years. 2 time recent champ as well. I have a hope that penn st gets beat then they beat Ohio st solidly then see what happens. I mostly have that hope because of my strong dislike for buckeyes and my belief they may well be best team this year.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I hope Oregon loses again people keep trying slip them back in and its very possible couple things could go there way. I have zero desire to see them in only use have for them is the cheerleaders

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I hope Oregon loses again people keep trying slip them back in and its very possible couple things could go there way. I have zero desire to see them in only use have for them is the cheerleaders
well to be perfectly honest the women associated with sec games provide a nice reason for viewing.
Those dance team , baton squad shots are just fine with me.
So if Oregon is in that class then Go Ducks!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well to be perfectly honest the women associated with sec games provide a nice reason for viewing.
Those dance team , baton squad shots are just fine with me.
So if Oregon is in that class then Go Ducks!

There's an old Oregon Cheerleaders thread in the Best Of forum. The pics probably don't all work anymore.