White Mountian Carbine

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone use them or have thoughts on value.
Have a 50 Cal that looks new. The stock has had the varnish removed and oil finish. Kind of a feeler to see if there is any demand or value in them. This one is percussion #10 caps not flint think they made both.
Over all really clean only fired a few times.

adkarcher

Six Pointer
Thompson Center right? For the most part, I don't really see them move too well unless priced in the 125-150 range. I do see guys asking 250+ but they are out there a long time and not sure they sell at that price or not. I have one, sighted in with a lighter load for when my young son goes. Smaller and lighter for him to carry around the woods.

Nice little gun. I prefer the Hawken style personally, but thought this would be a great gun when I was able to still hunt on snow when I was up north. I do use round ball in mine, but my shots are always close and I did not try to turn this into a 200 yard muzzleloader....

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
10-4 good information.
Just going to hang it on the wall. Last ones I seen sell were in the 300 to 400 range in VA.
Dont think they have been made in years. May see if one of the guys wants to use it for kids at the hunt club. They are fun little guns.

adkarcher

Six Pointer
10-4 good information.
Just going to hang it on the wall. Last ones I seen sell were in the 300 to 400 range in VA.
Dont think they have been made in years. May see if one of the guys wants to use it for kids at the hunt club. They are fun little guns.

It is strange, I occasionally see them listed in that 300.00 range and they get bought pretty quick, but for the most part they hang around. Not sure when they stopped making them, but T/C has not produced traditional muzzleloaders in many years. Mine is from the early - mid 90's I think. I bought it used, so not positive.

Tony Hawkins

Eight Pointer
I have a .50 cal White Mountain Carbine. I always hated the #10 caps, so I replaced that nipple with one that takes musket caps. A lot more reliable with the hotter fire.
Easy to carry in the woods and move around in a treestand.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have a .50 cal White Mountain Carbine. I always hated the #10 caps, so I replaced that nipple with one that takes musket caps. A lot more reliable with the hotter fire.
Easy to carry in the woods and move around in a treestand.
Yep that what I use on all my muskets and BP pistols.
Lot easier on the hands.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have 2. One is new never fired, still have the original paperwork from where my Dad bought it.
The other is in 90-95% shape, I bought it at the last gun show I went to in Concord, I paid $100 for it

Sidelocks are a tough sell. One of the few firearms that seem to lose value. I would say yours could fetch $200 on a good day.
I have a nice CVA Mountain rifle I was planning on selling but I would actually lose money on it more than likely.

Haleh

Spike
I believe those guns came in two different twist rates. They are considered fast twist and were made with conicals in mind. Not to say they wont shoot round balls.

adkarcher

Six Pointer
Sidelocks are a tough sell. One of the few firearms that seem to lose value. I would say yours could fetch $200 on a good day.
I have a nice CVA Mountain rifle I was planning on selling but I would actually lose money on it more than likely.

Sent you a PM.

D. Buck Stopshere

Six Pointer
The T/C White Mountain Carbine came first in a 1:21" twist on a 21" barrel for the conical projectile, then later the twist was 1:48" (or 1:38" twist) for the round ball/conical ball. I believe it has a half-octagon/half round barrel. T/C made a fully-camouflaged "shrink-wrap" version called the "Treehawk".

The WMC does not have the demand that the Hawken or Renegade have, probably due to OAL & lack of brass furniture. I have sold T/C Hawken rifles in percussion for around $ 300, and flint for $400. Renegades in .50 & .54 will bring about $300, and the Renegade Special, 30" barrel, 1:60"twist, brings about $400, due to its rarity. It just depends on the website you are using for the selling venue.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
The T/C White Mountain Carbine came first in a 1:21" twist on a 21" barrel for the conical projectile, then later the twist was 1:48" (or 1:38" twist) for the round ball/conical ball. I believe it has a half-octagon/half round barrel. T/C made a fully-camouflaged "shrink-wrap" version called the "Treehawk".

The WMC does not have the demand that the Hawken or Renegade have, probably due to OAL & lack of brass furniture. I have sold T/C Hawken rifles in percussion for around $ 300, and flint for $400. Renegades in .50 & .54 will bring about $300, and the Renegade Special, 30" barrel, 1:60"twist, brings about $400, due to its rarity. It just depends on the website you are using for the selling venue.
Good info and great to hear from you.
Hope you are doing great. Miss seeing you at all the shows.
Stay safe my friend.