White Marlin Open 6.2 Million

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
So you are calling Eastern North Carolinian's Yankees since we held our Billfish tournaments. Pirates Cove starts Saturday and my family and several of my friends will be participating. Best way I know to social distance is 35 miles offshore! Every tournament in the Series has cancelled all events. It is just fishing. I am glad we kept our tournaments. NC has a long history of sport fishing.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
So you are calling Eastern North Carolinian's Yankees since we held our Billfish tournaments. Pirates Cove starts Saturday and my family and several of my friends will be participating. Best way I know to social distance is 35 miles offshore! Every tournament in the Series has cancelled all events. It is just fishing. I am glad we kept our tournaments. NC has a long history of sport fishing.

All of my buddies from Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama etc., call me a Yankee... When I explain to them why I'm not a Yankee(NC Born), they all say North Carolina has North in it right? You're a damn Yankee. LOL...

One of my buddies Dad said, hell son, anyone born north of Georgia is a $%^&$ %^&$* Yankee...

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
All of my buddies from Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama etc., call me a Yankee... When I explain to them why I'm not a Yankee(NC Born), they all say North Carolina has North in it right? You're a damn Yankee. LOL...

One of my buddies Dad said, hell son, anyone born north of Georgia is a $%^&$ %^&$* Yankee...

Tell them their participation was appreciated. Maybe if there was more of it, we wouldn’t be in the bind we are now.

Attachments

• 35EACEA8-47F6-4986-A221-DCFA965251BF.png
    35EACEA8-47F6-4986-A221-DCFA965251BF.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 47

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
North Carolina troops held their ground during a battle while South Carolina and Georgia retreated. After the battle, supporting troops asked the victorious North Carolinian's: "Any more tar down in the old north state boys?" and they replied: "No, not a bit; old Jeff's bought it all up." The supporting troops continued: "Is that so? What is he going to do with it?" The North Carolinian troops' response: "He is going to put it on you'ns' heels to make you stick better in the next fight.

During the war between the States it [North Carolina] was sometimes called the "Tar-heel State," because tar was made in the State, and because in battle the soldiers of North Carolina stuck to their bloody work as if they had tar on their heels, and when General Lee said, "God bless the Tar-heel boys," they took the name.

What I like about UNC home football games is when the crowd shouts back and forth Tar Heels. I always imagine that it what it sounded like at Gettysburg. North Carolina had more than double the amount of any other State to die in that battle. They held their ground and did not retreat. A good read is Boy Colonel of the Confederacy. It is all about a local boy who grew up on the Roanoke and died during Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg.

Last edited:

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
North Carolina troops held their ground during a battle while South Carolina and Georgia retreated. After the battle, supporting troops asked the victorious North Carolinian's: "Any more tar down in the old north state boys?" and they replied: "No, not a bit; old Jeff's bought it all up." The supporting troops continued: "Is that so? What is he going to do with it?" The North Carolinian troops' response: "He is going to put it on you'ns' heels to make you stick better in the next fight.

During the war between the States it [North Carolina] was sometimes called the "Tar-heel State," because tar was made in the State, and because in battle the soldiers of North Carolina stuck to their bloody work as if they had tar on their heels, and when General Lee said, "God bless the Tar-heel boys," they took the name.

What I like about UNC home football games is when the crowd shouts back and forth Tar Heels. I always imagine that it what it sounded like at Gettysburg. North Carolina had more than double the amount of any other State to die in that battle. They held their ground and did not retreat. A good read is Boy Colonel of the Confederacy. It is all about a local boy who grew up on the Roanoke and died during Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg.
Same UNC that rips down statues right? Same one that is about to drop that Tar Heel name? Almost thought your were talking about a different UNC for a moment. Ol Roy was indoctrinated there as well.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Tell them their participation was appreciated. Maybe if there was more of it, we wouldn’t be in the bind we are now.

probably because the fellows from Georgia and Alabama figured out that the purpose of war is to make the OTHER dang fellow die,,,,,,not your folks,,,,