White Bass are Biting

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
that depends on where you live I guess. In 30 mins i can be at lets see..... 6 streams that have runs and 2 dams......add another 30 mins and you can add 3 dams to that they run up too .....probably left a few out

If you say so. I can only think of zero lakes left with wb in the western half of the state

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
I don't bother with the zoo around Eno /Red Mill /Penny bend / Flat River ( Falls Lake) . Used to catch some wb and crappy there but seemed to dropped off fishing wise the last 6 ? years. Out on the main lake at different locations and time of year I might catch 8 wb (no keepers) out of a 100 other fishes that would take a similar bait.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
If you say so. I can only think of zero lakes left with wb in the western half of the state
ECBF027B-83AF-4824-986E-7A0F80B6618D.png
According to some sources, Star, NC is the geographic center of NC. Even if it’s off by 15 miles, I can think of 4 lakes west of that red dot that have white bass…And there are several lakes west of that dot that Ive never fished.

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I can’t think of any west of the Yadkin-Pee Dee that have any white bass left or very very very few left

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Fontana is full of them…..maybe a little less numerous than in the past but there is still a wad in there.

They aren’t reproducing in Fontana anymore. Neither are the walleye

Same with Santeetlah and Lure

The WRC was trying to stock them

Maybe they still are

Not that it matters. White bass are not a native species

Last edited:

Justin

Old Mossy Horns

Maybe they still are

They’re native to far west WNC

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Really?

I was told by the biologist they were gone from the Catawba chain and stocking wasn’t working
They're not completely gone, but their numbers aren't what they used to be. I got into a couple of schools of them last year.

Reactions: CRC

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Maybe they still are

Neither are rainbow trout but that doesn’t stop them from being popular.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I heard the white perch are what’s causing the decline of white bass. The perch feed heavily on the fry of white bass