Where to go for help?

ol bob

Six Pointer
I live on a road leading away from a rock quarry its a 35 MPH by my house I have dump trucks going by about every 10 min. with engine breaks going and no muffers this goes on from 7 am to 7 pm 6 days a week I have checked some are over 100 db and I can't sit on the porch or have a door open where can I go to get something done about it.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
May get some help from the quarry owners.......they probably have as much influence as anyone other than the law

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do you know who’s quarry it is? I have a connection with Martin merrietta

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Go to your next county commisioneers meeting (pending stay-at-home) and bring video and audio. This was done by residents in my neck of the woods. There is now a "no compression brakes" sign right outside the quarry. NCHP love to hang out here as well. With reduced enforcement due to the virus, these drivers may be getting a pass right now, after all they are "critical"

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good luck with the NCSHP. I deal with the Ashley Furniture trucks and speeders on the straight away in front of my house. I have called the DOT and cant even get a speed limit sign. Our road is 8 to 9 miles long with not one speed limit sign. Talked with the 1st Sargent out of Winston Salem over our area from the NCSHP. He said he doesnt have the man power to send someone out. Told me I was on my own. My family backs in at night so we dont get run over in the mornings. Thought about installing a few speed bumps since I'm on my own.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I live on a road leading away from a rock quarry its a 35 MPH by my house I have dump trucks going by about every 10 min. with engine breaks going and no muffers this goes on from 7 am to 7 pm 6 days a week I have checked some are over 100 db and I can't sit on the porch or have a door open where can I go to get something done about it.
Were they there at the rock quary when you moved in?
If so you had to know up front.

BTW you in the city limits, township, or in their control or just county?

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
County Commission and DOT.
Quarry operators/owners may be a good place to start. I'm sure they would not want a law suit. I am one that believes if you moved there knowing this, well that might be why the other people moved and suckered you. You there first, have at it.

ol bob

Six Pointer
Ive been here 75 years they have been here less than 20 we were told before they opened up ho one would know they were here, what a joke roads tore up, can't sit outside, trucks running up and down the road 60 plus mph in a 35 mph zone with signs every 1/4 miles, and the law don't care been going on for several years a few of us are ready to go postal.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Try and get an appt with the 1st sgt of the highway patrol in your county. Keep in mind those rock quarries make donations to all political members in Raleigh for their districts they are operating out of. They donate to both parties. So...... dont expect alot.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I would start with the business. They might not even be aware that this is happening and might want to fix it before it becomes an issue. If they do not remedy it, I would then take it to the next level.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
As much as we talk crap about the “liberal media”, they can be great in a situation like this. Go thru channels suggested here, give it a month or two then go to all your local news stations. They love stories like the one you are describing. Negative press accomplishes more than any “meetings” in today’s times.

ol bob

Six Pointer
I have been to the business several times after I have completely lost it it will get better for a few week s then back to the same thing I'm just tire of it.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would post a big sign out front that reads: Please, No Jake Brakes. I am out of TP and They Scare the S**T out of Me. Throw loud noises my way and there may be something stinky thrown back.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Find out where the owner lives and his crew then do the same on their road.
Just me,.if I had the time, would sit outside the place on the road and have a rolling road block. If the cops will not do anything for them driving 65 they sure as crap should not do anything about you driving 5mph down the center of the road.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Call the quarry and complain then get the trucking company that goes by you and complain. I work at a terminal and people complain about the trucks but there's nothing we can do but the company that runs the trucks can especially if the trucks are wreaking havoc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
My kind of trucker; a local hotdog cowboy who thinks that Jake Brake is a sign of a real trucker. Steering wheel holders!!!