Where to find aluminum sheets?

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
I'm trying to build a version of this smoker. The guy who made it isn't responding to my inquiries - looks like he posted it a couple years ago and never came back. Having trouble figuring out what sort of aluminum he used. Hoping someone here has more metals knowledge than me. The closest thing I can find it flashing, but can't find any wide enough. I'm planning to use 6" wide tongue and groove pine boards, so mine will be a little wider than his - I don't have a table saw to rip the boards down a little smaller.

http://smokerbuilder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=259

Southside

Ten Pointer
I'm trying to build a version of this smoker. The guy who made it isn't responding to my inquiries - looks like he posted it a couple years ago and never came back. Having trouble figuring out what sort of aluminum he used. Hoping someone here has more metals knowledge than me. The closest thing I can find it flashing, but can't find any wide enough. I'm planning to use 6" wide tongue and groove pine boards, so mine will be a little wider than his - I don't have a table saw to rip the boards down a little smaller.

http://smokerbuilder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=259

You need to check with a local machine shop or an HVAC contractor. Also Google McNichols metal. They would have it but it will cost a little more.

Shanerc

What gauge aluminum would be ideal? I will look around at work.

ArmyMutt

Eight Pointer
I have no idea what he used. I assume it's thicker than foil but thinner than the stuff they put on wooden doors to prevent damage. A buddy of mine thinks it's 20 or 22.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Depending where you are at I can talk to some of my friends that own metal fab and machine shops for you. They can get me about anything. One is in Rose Hill and one is in Durham.

Shanerc

I checked around work and we don't have anything like you describe.

alexx33

Checkout Wrisco Aluminum, they're one of my clients and have everything you could ever need.