Where are the big ones??

quackNcluck

Six Pointer
I think Jordan lake's Crappie population is on the rise, I've fished that lake for years and caught some really nice fish. I've also fished it 3 weekends straight and pulled out over 60 keepers with the biggest being right at 1.5 lbs. I CANNOT find the "whoppers" anywhere....tried shallow, deep, minnows, jigs, drop-shots everything I know to do. I am definitely not asking for anyones secret spot but anybody pulling out any 2 pounders +??

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
they don't live long enough at jordan to reach that size any more- too many people keep every one that they catch if it measures.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
they don't live long enough at jordan to reach that size any more- too many people keep every one that they catch if it measures.
Yep...think how many people are out there 3 weekends straight also pulling out over 60 keepers. Sad thing is it happens daily, used to be even worse with the nightstalkers.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Yep...think how many people are out there 3 weekends straight also pulling out over 60 keepers. Sad thing is it happens daily, used to be even worse with the nightstalkers.

it is sad, load the boat with babies so they can keep more.

Crappie man

Six Pointer
The biggest ones have been shallow but come and go before most people realize. If you wait until the water stabilizes in the 60's in the backs of the creeks you have probably missed the biggest fish. When you have up and down temps with all the cloud cover like we have had lately try to go in the evening on sunny days and fish the best protected areas with wind blowing in the cove. Tournament this past Saturday there the top two fish were 2.6 and 2.5 with 1st place total of 12.7 lbs (7 fish) so it is starting to come back.

foolish

Six Pointer
The biggest ones have been shallow but come and go before most people realize. If you wait until the water stabilizes in the 60's in the backs of the creeks you have probably missed the biggest fish. When you have up and down temps with all the cloud cover like we have had lately try to go in the evening on sunny days and fish the best protected areas with wind blowing in the cove. Tournament this past Saturday there the top two fish were 2.6 and 2.5 with 1st place total of 12.7 lbs (7 fish) so it is starting to come back.

Crappie an doesn't know what he's talking about. The big ones spawn after the dogwoods bloom.

Just joking most people miss the big fish spawn so sssshhhhhh don't tell everyone .lol