When It Rains, It Really Does Pour!

CarolinaReaper

So, on my way home from work a couple hours ago I guess my luck ran out. I'm dog tired, still working these dreaded 60+ hour weeks. Supposedly from now until next freakin' spring! Anyway, it's pouring down rain up my way, still raining outside now. I'm headed up the highway, doing around 70 MPH. My vision is limited because of the crap weather and it being dark when I decide to flip on my brights. Literally 2 seconds later some kind of thin metal object is illuminated in front of me. I can't swerve in time to miss it so, bam, right over top of the damn thing. I have no idea what the hell it was or how it got in the road. Hoping It didn't puncture my tire, or cause any damage underneath. Guess I'll find out later today. I got out at home and low and behold it CRACKED MY DAMN BUMPER. :mad:? Just irritates me man. Out of all the cars going up an down the interstate it's me the runs into this thing. Needless to say I'm ticked. My car is a 2014 Dodge Avenger. It's not a challenger, but hey its all I got.

I was looking at maybe ordering a replacement front bumper on eBay? Are there other options to fix it? The rear bumper has some old scratches as well. I can pick on of each up for around $200 each. Already primed. If I were to order a replacement front and rear bumper, do y'all know of a place that wouldn't charge and arm and a leg to match paint them?

IMG_0871.JPG

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Your location ? There’s a fella close to me that’s pretty reasonable. Does great work as well. Crotts body shop In Randleman.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I had to get my front bumper replaced a year ago. Body shop guy wanted to charge me $600 to do the job. So I went to a junk yard in Sanford, ordered a front bumper for $180, and replaced it myself with some help from a couple people. Just saying a junk yard is another alternative to ebay if you want to go that route. I've never seen so many random obstacles left on roads as I have driving the interstates and back roads of NC. Good luck!

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You need to get your stress levels down brother.....stop sweating the little stuff.....take a deep breath

CarolinaReaper

Pouring down rain, dead tired at 70, hope you had your emergency flasher on. LMAO

Nope, but I was blasting Metallica on high volume. ? I'm not a huge fan of the heavier stuff, but when I'm tired like that and I have to drive, it's what I like to listen to.

CarolinaReaper

You need to get your stress levels down brother.....stop sweating the little stuff.....take a deep breath

While I don't disagree with you, I can't see as to how having the front bumper of my car getting cracked is little. I mean, I'm still making payments on this thing. If it were my old 99 Saturn I had before this, I most likely wouldn't care. It's just the fact that this my first newer car and I really wanna take care of it and I ain't doing too good of a job.

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
I just glad it wasn’t someone walking down the road when a self admitted, sleep deprived driver who was out driving his visibility, breaks, and reaction time, in the heavy rain that was compromising his vision and tire traction. You sure you didn’t stop off for a 6pack-o-Busch for the ride home too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sorry to hear of your troubles, try the plastic welding, most local body shops can do it. That place behind K&W off Peters Creek is really good.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pouring down rain, dead tired at 70, hope you had your emergency flasher on. LMAO

I know you’re a young man... so I’ll give you a little advice... if you want to live to be an old man, slow down. Driving in the early morning hours on wet rds after a long shift at 70MPH is not very wise.

Think about what might have happened if that object in the rd had caused you’re tire to blow out at 70 MPH.... certainly nothing good.
I’m sure your family and friends would much rather you be later getting home than never making it home.

Glad it’s only bumper damage and nothing worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinaReaper

Sorry to hear of your troubles, try the plastic welding, most local body shops can do it. That place behind K&W off Peters Creek is really good.

Hey Eric, are you talking about Modern Body?

Whatta you reckon a place would charge for my 5" crack?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hey Eric, are you talking about Modern Body?

Whatta you reckon a place would charge for my 5" crack?
Yes , that's the place. They might be a bit more than a small shop, but it would be done right.
They were very fair when fixing my wife's car. I couldn't guess at the estimate.

Last edited: