When it gets this hot.....

MAM3006

Six Pointer
.......it really makes you appreciate those nice cool mornings in the fall when you are in a deer stand! Supposed to be over 90 all week and in the high 90's this weekend! :eek:

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
June, July and August are the three worst months of the year. The other nine months are very pleasant. We may get a week or two of nasty weather in February or March but that is nothing compared to heat indexes of 105 and above for weeks (months?) on end.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Y’all are crazy. I love what a crisp morning can do for wildlife movement, but I really hate the cold. I’d rather have a heat index of 105° than a day under 50°.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
When it's this hot, I'm glad I'm not skidding logs out of the Dismal Swamp for a living!!!

I'm able to turn up the A/C and do paperwork, make calls and if I do need to walk some land or list a home I do it before 9 or after 6...

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I despise the heat and always have.

Of course I'm tearing my old deck down and building another one in its place....it is sucking big time in this heat.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Tell ya how bad I hate it: This morning UPS delivered three boxes full of stuff I ordered for this new fishing rig I'm putting together. When the heat coming hit me coming out of the door I said "awwwHellno!" and went back inside to the a/c...

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
When it's this hot, I'm glad I'm not skidding logs out of the Dismal Swamp for a living!!!

I'm able to turn up the A/C and do paperwork, make calls and if I do need to walk some land or list a home I do it before 9 or after 6...
Or putting on a new roof with black shingles over black tar paper been there no fun,?

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
The heat doesn't bother me too much. What I really don't like, weather-wise, are ice storms and temps below 20* F.

Oh .. and hurricanes and tornados and floods and droughts.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
I hate hot weather. Give me snow sleet and ice anytime over this. I was in the ocean fishing on Sunday and it was miserable. Some of the water temperature in the sound was as high as 86 degrees. Have work to do on the farm this week and not looking forward to it. Really feel sorry for my bird dogs. This weather makes me want to purchase a farm in the mountains above 4000 feet.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Been at beach since Saturday. Been so hot only sand on my feet is walking from house to the truck The ocean is a lot better looking at it out the living room window sitting in ac

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Y’all are crazy. I love what a crisp morning can do for wildlife movement, but I really hate the cold. I’d rather have a heat index of 105° than a day under 50°.

See now I find that statement to be pure bat crazy. There's a lot of things I'd like to do when it's cold. Some activities I wait all year for until it hits the 30's and 40's to do them. There's nothing I want to do with a heat index of 105 except sit in the AC.